This diwali enroll yourself for Meghalaya Diwali Special Tour and Get a chance to explore meghalaya.
Meghalaya is one of the Seven Sister States of northeast India. The state of Meghalaya is mountainous, with stretches of valley and highland plateaus, and it is geologically rich. It is the rainiest state of India. The word Meghalaya means, "abode of the clouds".
Meghalaya shares its borders with bangladesh. Dawki village is the place where you can see the border between these two neighbouring countries.
Mawlynnong, well-known as the “cleanest village in Asia” is a site worth visiting.There you will visit the living root bridge which is handmade from the roots of rubber fig trees by the Khasi and Jaintia tribal groups.
Cherrapunji is the wettest place on the earth. Experience the Mesmerizing waterfalls there.
Meghalaya Diwali Special Tour HIghlights
- Boating at Umiam Lake
- Don Bosko museum
- Ward’s Lake
- Laitlum Grand Canyon
- Mawphlang Sacred Grove
- Elephant falls
- shillong peak
- Lady Hydari Park
- Mawlynnong - Cleanest village of Aisa
- India's border with Bangladesh at Dawki village
- Boat ride at Umngot river
- Dawki waterfall , Riwai View Point and Born Hill Falls
- Living Root Bridge at Mawlynnong
- Seven sisters falls, Cherrapunji viewpoint
- Eco park and Mawsmai Cave in Cherrapunji
- Nohkalikai Falls in Cherrapunji
- Mawkdok Dympep Valley View Point
- Brahmaputra River cruise in Guwahati
- Laitmawsiang landscape
Meghalaya Diwali Special Tour Itinerary
Day 01 :- 08 May 2020 , Friday
- Arrival at Guwahati airport or railway station before 11.00 AM
- 12.00 PM Meet Mumbai Weekenders team at Guwahati Airport and Start our journey for Shillong.
- On the way to Shillong , visit the placid Umiam Lake, outlined by Sylvan hills. Enjoy boating at Umiam Lake.
- 04.00 PM Check In to our hotel/resort in shillong and get fresh.
- Explore Don Bosko museum and Ward’s Lake.
- Overnight stay in shillong
Day 02 :- 09 May 2020 , Saturday
- 08.00 AM After Breakfast leave for Laitlum Grand Canyon.
- 11.00 AM leave for Mawphlang Sacred Grove.
- 01.00 PM Reach Mawphlang Sacred Grove and Have Lunch.
- 02.00 PM After lunch, the Guided tour to the sacred groove.
- 04.00 PM Leave for Shillong
- On the way back to shillong explore Elephant falls and shillong peak
- Enjoy evening at Lady Hydari Park
- Overnight stay in shillong
Day 03 :- 10 May 2020 , Sunday
- After Breakfast checkout from hotel and Leave for Dawki village where we will visit
India's border with Bangladesh. After visiting the india bangladesh border , Visit Dawki island and Enjoy boat ride at Umngot river.
- After Lunch Leave for Mawlynnong
- On the way explore Dawki waterfall , Riwai View Point and Born Hill Falls.
- Reach Living Root Bridge before evening and Explore. This bridge is handmade from the roots of rubber fig trees by the Khasi and Jaintia tribal groups.
- Overnight stay in Homestay in Mawlynnong
Day 04 :- 11 May 2020 , Monday
- Checkout , Have breakfast and Leave for Cherrapunji , A wettest place on the earth.
- On our way to cherrapunji explore Laitmawsiang landscape, wrapped in fog.
- 12.00 PM - Checking to our hotel/homestay in cherrapunji.
- Visit seven sisters falls, cherrapunji viewpoint and have lunch.
- After lunch explore eco park and Mawsmai Cave
- Post 04.00 PM Leave for Nohkalikai Falls
- 06.00 PM Leave for our hotel/homestay.
- Overnight stay in Cherrapunji.
Day 05 :- 12 May 2020 , Tuesday
- After breakfast , checkout from the hotel and leave for guwahati.
- On the way to Guwahati , explore Mawkdok Dympep Valley View Point.
- 03.00 PM - Reach guwahati and checkin to our hotel and get fresh.
- Get ready for Brahmaputra River cruise
- If time permits visit Kamakhya temple
- 06.00 PM get back to the hotel.
- Overnight stay in guwahati.
Day 06 :- 13 May 2020 , Wednesday
- Breakfast, checkout from the hotel and Leave for the airport/railway station.
- Catch your flight/train.
- 2 night twin/triple sharing Accomodation in Shillong.
- 1 night homestay in Mawlynnong
- 1 night homestay in Cherrapunji
- Breakfast and Dinner on all days
- All internal transport during trip
- Entry charges, guide charges, parking charges
- All Permit charges
- Guide Charges at Mawphlang sacred grove forest
- Boat ride charges at Umngot river.
- Anything not mentioned in inclusions
- Lunch on all days
- Activity/boat charges at Umiam Lake
- Excess stay/meals due to unexpected weather
- Camera charges
- Expenses which are personal in nature
Things to Carry
- Valid Identity Proof (Passport / Voter ID Card), along with 5 Photocopies for each document.
- A light-weighted Haversack or Backpack, and a smaller Day Sack
- Cap, sunglasses, scarf
- Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
- Any medicines that you consume normally, post consulting a doctor
- Mosquito repellent
Meghalaya Diwali Special Tour Rules and Regulations
- In case of any injury, sickness, accident, death or any other casualty or loss or damage of valuables or luggage or any equipment; Mumbai Weekenders, it’s instructors, organizers, volunteers or any other person involved wholly or partially, either individually or jointly, shall not be responsible in any manner for the same and no claims of the participants, parents, guardians, relatives or friends of participants will be entertained.
- Littering is strictly not allowed on events. Do not leave empty plastic bottles, biscuits or chocolate wrappers behind. We must carry our own garbage/leftovers back to the city.
- Do not carry lots of cash, gold or any valuables. We are not responsible for the loss.
- On the event event leader’s decision will be the final decision no argument will be entertained.
- Organizers of the event reserve any right to cancel the event due to unexpected weather ,lack of participants or any other reasons.
- We are extremely strict about women's safety. Any misbehavior/verbal abuse with women within the group or outside the group will lead to immediate expulsion.
- When you are traveling alone, you have to keep the trip leader informed about your whereabouts.
- You have to abide by all rules and regulations and respect the culture of the place you visit.