Batch 5: 14th August - 12th September
If you want us to notify you a few weeks before the batch start, please provide your details on the link below:
Akhshay Gandhi and Artkhoj bring to you a creative journey into the Art & Craft of Storytelling.
About the workshop:
This is an extensive workshop in imagination & craft of being a storyteller. It is designed as a journey for each individual to explore the storyteller within themselves. It will enable you to give shape to your stories, in a way that’s distinctly yours.
Recommended for writers, directors, storytellers, artists and anyone who is passionate about storytelling.
The Three Worlds is one of the workshops of Still Space Theatre.
Dive with us to explore:
- Fundamentals of story content
- Structures & techniques of form
- Relationship between storyteller & medium
What will be covered:
1. Exploring fundamental principles beneath a range of stories including, personal experiences, mythology, facts, events, etc.
2. Creating Stories: We shall cultivate our creative muscles to imagine new stories set in our own imaginary world.
3. Shaping the stories: Layering our stories with ideas, structures, words, relationships etc to shape them in a compelling way.
4. Working with the craft of being a storyteller: What makes the storyteller powerful is her/his capacity to articulate & communicate the infectious energy of the story and living through it with the craft of body-mind, voice & imagination.
5. Discovering form: A story can be shaped into a film script or in a poem. What makes the form and how we can design our own form for creating an intriguing experience.
6. In a supportive environment of feedback & learning, participants shall research & practice stories that move them and through the unique use of storytelling elements & structures share the story with us.
7. As a growing community, we work together as a group, continue to be part of each other's journey and share stories.
14th August - 12th September
Sat-Sun 2-5 PM IST
10 group + 3 one-one sessions + Creative process + Community Practice
Limited to only 10 participants worldwide
Feel free to reach out to us on +91 89714 92903/ 78297 65688 or mail us on c3RpbGxzcGFjZXRoZWF0cmUgfCBnbWFpbCAhIGNvbQ==
Akhshay Gandhi is an artist-practitioner based in Bangalore, India. He works as Director, Actor & Facilitator-Researcher in the field of Theatre & Performance. Invited Speaker at TEdX, Economic times Summit, 505 circle and other formal- informal platforms. His work has been performed at venues such as Stanford University, UCLA, Spoken Festival, Mumbai International Storytelling festival to name a few.
He is an alumni of 'SITI Company' (New York) & 'Odin Teatret Laboratory' (Denmark).
Artkhoj is an aggregator of artists, hosts, vendors and art institutes across the country. Artkhoj provides opportunities to artists from all genres, to help them in pursuing their passion.
Artkhoj also helps hosts (corporates, colleges, apartments, etc,) find the right talent/artists for their requirements, thus making the event experience smooth and fun.
Tickets for The Three Worlds: Story | Storytelling | Storyteller - Online Workshop can be booked here.