ABOUT THIS ONLINE WORKSHOP
Calculus is one of the fascinating subjects which was developed by Sir Issac Newton (1642-1726) and Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz. Calculus can be treated as the first branch of mathematics to deal with the daily life problems. But the way it is being taught, the majority of students fail to understand the relevance of this branch of mathematics with real-life issues.
In this workshop the calculus will be taught with geometrical interpretation so that the participants can learn the difficult concepts of calculus very easily within a very short span of time.
Philosophy of our Mathematical Workshops
Our online mathematical Modeling workshops are based on the concept of ZPD. Before joining the Mathematical Modeling workshops everyone should understand the philosophy on which our math mentoring program (MMP) is based. In our MMP we will scaffold every students to learn different mathematical concepts from very basic level to advanced level based on ZPD which is described Appendix.
ABOUT DASS SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH LABS PRIVATE LIMITED
Dass SRL is a start-up company engaged in simplifying advanced mathematical concepts and promote these simplified mathematical concepts globally. The company has developed an innovative technique of teaching mathematics. It is a geometry-based teaching technique which helps students to convert any mathematical concept into geometrical shapes without any programming knowledge. It helps in clear understanding of mathematical concepts and makes mathematics learning easy enjoyable and reduces mathematics learning time dramatically. Dass SRL is collaborating with Allevents and Google classroom for pre-event and post-event management and smooth communication with participants. Now participants can raise their post-event doubts through Google classroom.
BIO SKETCH OF MR.CHANCHAL DASS FIE
Mr. Chanchal Dass is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers. He is a Mechanical Engineer with Post Graduate Diploma in “Operations Research” and a Masters of Business Administration in Financial Management. He started his career at Hindustan Fertilizer Corporation Limited in the year 1981 and in the year 1990 he joined ONGC. He has over 22 years of experience as a Reservoir Engineer in ONGC. He is the inventor of three game-changing technologies. His first invention is a Multiple Zone Oil and Gas Production Technology the second invention is a Contract Bridge Tournament Application and the third invention is a new system of Teaching Advanced Mathematical Concepts. He is the recipient of the World Oil Award in the “Innovative Thinker” Category. He has been selected in the India Innovation Growth Program Pearson Affordable Learning program NASSCOM 10000 startup initiative CII Ericsson Startup Award and received many other national and international awards.
He is the Chairman of Dass Scientific Research Labs Private Limited and Dass Oilfield Technologies Private Limited. He was the Advisor of Gujarat Technological University for new approaches in teaching engineering mathematics. He has published and presented numerous papers and attended various National and International Conferences Forums and Seminars. He is the Fellow of Institution of engineers life Member of American Mathematical Society Indian Mathematical Society. London Mathematical Society Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) and Society of Petroleum Geophysicists (SPG). He has established the Centre of Excellence in Mathematics for simplifying advanced mathematical concepts and promote these simplified mathematical concepts to masses.
He has visited many countries like USA(2) France(2) Netherland Belgium Germany Cairo China (3) Luxembourg Switzerland Qatar Dubai(6) Abu Dhabi Sharjah Malaysia (4) Thailand(2) Singapore Georgia UK(2) Azerbaijan Bangladesh Nepal etc.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
A total of seven IITians from IITB IITD IIT ISM are working on the Mathematics Simplification and Popularization Project under the guidance of Mr. Chanchal Dass Lead Researcher.
To know more about team please visit:
Zone of Proximal Development(ZPD):
ZPD stands for zone of proximal development. As per wikipwdia ZPD (zona blizhaishego razvitiia in original Russian) is best understood as the zone as the distance between what a learner can do without help and what they can do with little support from someone with more knowledge or expertise. The concept was introduced by psychologist Lev Vygotsky (1896–1934) during the last three years of his life.
Vygotsky argued that a child gets involved in a dialogue with the "More Knowledgeable Other (MKO)" such as a peer or an adult and gradually through social interaction and sense-making develops the ability to solve problems independently and do certain tasks without help.
He believed that children would not advance very far if they were left to discover everything on their own. It's crucial for a child's development that they are able to interact with more knowledgeable others.
Vygotsky argued that rather than examining what a student knows to determine intelligence it is better to examine their ability to solve problems independently and ability to solve problems with an adult's help.
Scaffolding in ZPD:
"Scaffolding is the way the adult guides the child's learning via focused questions and positive interactions."
Scaffolding is a process through which a teacher or a more competent peer helps a student in their ZPD as necessary and tapers off this aid as it becomes unnecessary—much as workers remove a scaffold from a building after they complete construction.
Stress on Basics:
The basics must be learned first so one can build on prior knowledge towards mastery of a particular subject or skill. This is the basis of our mathematical modeling program.
Certificates will be provided .
Feedback from previous workshops:
1. Name: Adil Mohammed
2. Rating- 9/10
3. Expectations from the workshop met or not: Yes
4. Remarks: "It was very good. Only one can understand after attending the workshop. Mathematics is so easy and interesting. This workshop proved
5. Job title: Deputy Executive Engineer.
6. Department: Health Division Rourkela
7. Qualification: M.Tech( Environment Engineering)
8. Institute: VNIT Nagpur
1. Name: Rupa Bhatt
2. Ratings: 10/10
3. Expectations from workshop met or not: Yes
4. Remarks: It was a wonderful session. I thoroughly loved the way of teaching and its content. It was quite an interactive session that kept interest in going. Looking forward to more such sessions.
5. Job title: Assistant professor
6. Organization: Parul University
7. Qualification: M.Sc.
Feedback from 2nd Online Math Workshop:
"I am thankful to Mr. CHANCHAL DASS sir for giving me knowledge regarding maths transformation and modeling using MS-EXCEL the knowledge I found on that online session is completely new for me after learning that things I actually feel upgraded .because earlier I didn't think that we can use MS-EXCEL this way also.
during the session I faced a few difficulties following the work which is done by sir because when I tried to follow I was unable to keep my focus on the lecture but after the session ended I tried the whole workshop by myself then I understood well.
the conclusion is that the session was excellent and it was full of knowledge that's all."
From-Anshul M. Tech. ISMIIT
List of Institutions and Universities where mathematics workshops/ Lecture conducted:
1. National Institute of Oceanography Goa for research scholars
2. Gujarat Technological University Gujarat for engineering college faculties as well as students (Around 20 Math Workshops)
3. Sahajanand Laser Technologies Limited Gujarat for practicing professionals
4. Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and Communication Technology Gujarat (3 Workshops) for Higher Secondary B Tech M Tech and Ph.D. Students
5. Sri Padmavati Mahila Mahavidyalaya Tirupati for B Sc and M Sc (Maths) Students
6. Ganpat University Gujarat for B Sc (Maths) and M Sc (Maths) students
7. eInfochips Training and Research Academy Gujarat for M Tech students
8. Silver Oak College Gujarat for Engineering Students and Faculties
9. Venus International College Gujarat for B Tech students
10. Gujarat University Gujarat for Engineering College Faculties from Universities (RUSA sponsored workshop)
11. Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar for Ph D (Math) Students
12. Shri Swaminarayan Institute of Technology Gandhinagar for B Tech and M Sc Students
13. Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya Gandhinagar B Sc M Sc Students and University Faculties
14. Parul University Vadodara for University Mathematics Faculties
15. Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Gandhinagar for MBA students.
16. St Xavier’s College Ahmedabad for B Sc and M Sc (Maths) Students
17. The University of Dhaka for PG students and Scientists
18. Rayat Bahra University Punjab for Faculties
19. Chandigarh University Punjab for Faculties
20. Hotel Grande Delmon Goa for Class ten to doctoral students and faculties
21. I K Gujral Punjab Technical University Punjab for Faculties
22. Central University of Kashmir Srinagar for B Sc and M Sc math students
23. University of Kashmir Srinagar for Research Scholars and Mathematics Faculties.
24. State Council for Educational Research and Training Government of Goa for school teachers
25. Institution of Engineers Maharashtra State Centre Mumbai 2 workshops open to all
26. College of Engineering Pune Maharashtra University faculties and doctoral students
27. Goa University Panaji Goa Open to all
28. Institute of Chemical Technology Mumbai for students and faculties
29. Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur for UG PG and Doctoral students
30. Tribhuvan University Nepal for Faculties and Doctoral Students
31. Adani Institute of Infrastructure Technology Ahmedabad for UG students
32. Indian Institute of Technology Mumbai for UG PG and Doctoral students
33. Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur IMS conference
34. Indian Institute of Science and Educational Research Pune Time conference
35. ICAPAM Hotel Hilton Dubai
Certificates will be provided after completing assignment and filling the feedback form.
TILL NOW: 50+ WORKSHOPS
800+ POSITIVE FEEDBACK
The link of few of the animations created in MS Excel is given below for ready reference:
For more information about us visit: http://www.dasssrl.com
For more updates follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DASSSRL/
Contact us: RW1haWwtY2Rhc3MwMSB8IGdtYWlsICEgY29t Mobile-9427030155
Tickets for Online Activity-Based Calculus in MS Excel can be booked here.
List your events for free and make sure your audience never miss an event from you!Create Events