Asha Stanford Welcome Dinner: with Adhik Kadam and the Borderless World Foundation
Asha Stanford invites you to our annual welcome dinner at the Kennedy Commons Great Room from 6pm-8:30pm this Saturday, September 26th.
One of our project partners, Adhik Kadam, will speak about his inspiring work to provide orphanages for girls in Kashmir. The story of how he, and the girls he supports, overcame immense difficulties and violence is humbling and will give you hope that change is possible.
This event is for anyone on campus, not just new students! Please distribute widely.
About Asha Stanford:
* We are both an on-campus student group and a chapter of the Asha for Education non-profit organization.
* Our group is fun and diverse, with members of all ages and from different walks of life. The defining aspect of our community is a focus on social issues in India.
* We regularly host speakers working at the grassroots level, like P Sainath, Piya Sorcar or Ravi Kuchimanchi, to give us a new perspective on the multi-faceted problems facing India.
* Several members actively engage with NGOs working in India to help lead an impact.
* Finally, we organize fundraisers whose proceeds go towards these projects-- we're responsible for the popular Asha Stanford Holi and are gearing up for a fun-filled Dandiya event next month, so stay tuned for details about that and let us know if you're interested in helping!
Liked this event? Spread the word :