Lost & Found Wellness Adventures, Woronora Heights, Australia
Six Foot Track October Weekend
SIX FOOT TRACK WEEKEND // 17th & 18th October
Dep: $200 t & c's
Packfree Hiking at its best!
We will be trekking through the heart of the Jenolan Karst Conservation Area, Kanangra - Boyd National Park & the Blue Mountains from Jenolan Caves to Katoomba. The track is approximately 45km & winds its way through the breathtaking mountains & beautiful valleys.
What a fantastic weekend adventure exploring this historic track, on our small private group pack free multi day hiking trip.
All inclusive, accommodation, 2 x professional guides, licences & permits, first aid, full track support, bag transfers, shuttle, meals & includes a delicious gourmet wine tasting & winery lunch on day 2. You only need to carry a small day pack. Perfect!
• Trip Duration: 2 days / 1 night
• Guided Trek: 45km guided trek
• 6 Wk HIkefit home based training program
• Grading: HARD – For intermediate hikers upwards (not suitable
• Accommodation: Six Foot Track Eco Lodge, Cox’s River.
Private bunkhouse - shared mixed accommodation for our
group only. Our accommodation has a shower (cold), toilets &
water to refill. They also have a bar where you can purchase
• Guides: 2 x Female - Professional Outdoor Guides
• Bag Transfers: Your overnight bag will be transferred from the
start of the track & will be waiting for you when you arrive at
your night’s accommodation at the Eco Lodge. Day 2 your bag
will be transferred to the Explorer’s Tree car park, ready for
• Track Shuttle: Pick up time TBA. You will be transferred from
Katoomba to Jenolan Caves, the start of our trek
• Track Support: We will have full track support for this trek. Our
4WD support will carry our lunch & morning tea ready to set up
for our break times. We also offer transport throughout the trek
• Licences & Permits: We will provide all the necessary Eco Pass
permits & Crown licences needed to trek on the track.
• First Aid: Your guides are trained in Remote First Aid & carry
first aid kits
• Emergency Beacons: Your guides carry emergency beacons,
registered with emergency services
• Maps: Your guides travel this track frequently & they also carry
up to date topographic maps of the area.
• Experience: Your guides have guided many trekking
experiences on this track & are qualified professional outdoor
• Meals: Dinner x 1, Lunch x 2, Breakfast x 1, Morning Tea x 2,
Afternoon Tea x 2, Snacks
• Winery Brunch: Day 2 will be find us enjoying brunch at
Dryridge Estate Megalong Valley. It will include a menu of 9
select wines & a ploughman’s brunch
• Mixed Event: This trekking adventure is mixed for women &
men, over 18yrs
• Excluded: Any wine purchased from Dryridge Estate ( wine
tasting is included ) & any drinks non – alcoholic or alcoholic
beverages purchased at the Eco Lodge.
Day 1: Distance - 29km - / L / D
• Meet: at the Explorer’s Tree, Nellies Glen Rd Katoomba,
where we will do a trek briefing & transfer your overnight bags
to our track support 4WD vehicle. We will leave our cars in the
• Our shuttle will meet us at the Explorer’s Tree & drive us 70km
to Jenolan Caves.
• We head out from Jenolan Caves around 7.30am. Trekking
through the Jenolan Karst Conservation Area for 10.1km.
Stopping at the Black Range Campground where we meet our
4WD track support for a hot cuppa, morning tea, toilet break &
pick up our lunch. We will have water stored in the vehicle for
refills. Following our morning tea & a toilet break we head out
to tackle the Black Range & trek the next 13km.
• Descending into the valley we trek through Kanangra – Boyd
National Park, often koalas & kangaroos are sited, hopefully we
will be lucky. Mid Afternoon we stop at Allum Creek
Campground, meeting our support vehicle for afternoon tea, a
cuppa & toilet break, a good time to refill from our water in the
• Heading out from Allum Creek, we trek the last 6km to Cox’s River Campground, passing through the rolling farmland of the Kanimbla Valley. Arriving at our night’s accommodation, The Six Foot Track Eco Lodge.
• We meet our support vehicle at the Eco Lodge & pick up our overnight bags. Settling into our bunkhouse. It’s Hi 5’s & congratulations all round that was a tough 29kms.
• Once settled we will do a relaxing stretch session, before a drink & brief of the day’s achievements. A delicious slow cooked meal is served by our hosts Paval & Lucie. Following dinner we sit around the campfire to chat to other hikers. This is such a wonderful time to bond, sit, reflect & be inspired by stories from other travellers. Light’s out.
Day 2: Distance 15.7km B / L / -
• We pack up our overnight bags for transfer by our track support 4WD. Your bags will be waiting for you when you arrive at the Explorer’s Tree, Katoomba.
• Breakfast will consist of a nice cuppa & refreshing fruit platter or similar for those who have dietary requirements.
• Hitting the trail around 8am, we head to the Cox’s River for a stretch session along the way, then cross the Cox’s River Swing Bridge & trek roughly 6.5km to Dryridge Estate, where we will meet our transfer support, for a delicious ploughman’s brunch & wine tasting around 11am. Dryridge Estate has toilets & water to refill.
• We pick up our afternoon tea, track pack, snacks & refill our water following brunch. Saying goodbye at Dryridge Estate to our track support; which will meet us at the Explorer’s Tree at Katoomba. We head out to trek the last 8.5km of our epic hike, passing Magalong Cemetery & the historic Megalong Village. We will have afternoon tea & a drink break when needed by the group.
• Making our way to Nellies Glen, we dig deep to climb the last challenging 1.2 km back to our cars.
• The group will have a congratulatory chat & brief about the weekend, then meet our transfer support at the car park to pick up our overnight bags.
• Wow what a weekend of adventure, plenty of achievements & challenges. The Six Foot Track is challenging in distance, it requires mental perseverance & physical endurance. Congratulations. Legends are made on this track!
• ETA: 3 – 4pm Finish time will all depend on the pace the group travels at. Expect there to be some tiredness / soreness on day 2, that is normal. Pace will be as slow as needed.
Contact details: a2VycnltYXJ0aW4gfCBsb3N0YW5kZm91bmRhZHZlbnR1cmVzICEgYmxvZw== send us a PM or call 0412219546
We are about paying it forward & offer: community charity events, fitness, adventure, health retreats, hiking,endurance training, photography & art workshops, weekends away, gourmet food trips, we are for everyone, no matter your age or fitness level.
Nearby HotelsLost & Found Wellness Adventures, Woronora Heights, Australia