• Getting closer to labour, stages of labour & when to go to hospital
• Understanding the concept of pain and the strategies and skills used to cope in labour
• Role of the support person & helpful ideas
• Medical approaches to labour, including induction of labour & unplanned caesarean section
• Pharmacological pain relief options available, including epidurals and other alternatives.
• Characteristics of the newborn infant and their patterns of behaviour & communication
• Tests and routines while in hospital
• Classes available while in hospital
• Safe sleeping for infants/SIDS guidelines
• Transition to parenting and the associated challenges
• Perinatal anxiety and depression
• Sleep patterns of infants and settling techniques/routines
• Introduction to breastfeeding
• Special care nursery.
You may also like the following events from Mater Maternity:
Tickets for (One-Day Intensive) Antenatal Childbirth & Parenting Class can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|1 x Couple (Valid for 2 people)||AUD 400|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events