TAGteach Workshop for Animal Trainers: Tools for Teaching Humans
TAGteach Tools for Teaching Humans
We study hard to be the best trainer for our animal clients, now you can do the same for the humans…
Join us for a one-day workshop chock full of tools and ideas you can use the very next day!
You Understand Animal Body Language – How Fluent Are You in Human:
- In response to the current best practice of encouraging animal trainers to recognise and respond to animal body language, we’ll look at the benefits of doing the same for our human learners.
- You’ll learn to identify your human client’s non-verbal behavior and use eye contact (or the lack of it), body position, and a silent three count to quickly respond, creating a relaxed learning environment for you and your learner.
Clean Instructions for the Human:
- We know that clean instructions are imperative when training animals, the same is true for our human learners.
- You’ll learn how to prioritise information and deliver clean instructions that quickly build a history of success and boost your learner’s confidence.
- We’ll practice using a Word Diet, Short Phrase Coaching, Separate, and of course the TAGteach Focus Funnel to create the perfect instructions and feedback for your human learners.
No previous TAGteach experience necessary.
Price: 1-day Workshop €149 (price includes lunch and refreshments)
Spaces are limited
THERESA MCKEON, Co-Founder TAGteach International
After more than 30 years as a national level gymnastics coach, Theresa was determined to find a way to speed up skill acquisition for her athletes while simultaneously decreasing stress and fear in the learning environment. Her search for behaviorally sound techniques, clean instructions, and the proper timing of feedback and reinforcement, led to the development (in partnership with Joan Orr) of the TAGteach methodology.
Theresa now consults and designs skill acquisition programs in multiple fields including corporate training, industrial safety, medical and surgical training, sport coaching, even family communication. She has been on the Clicker Expo faculty since 2004, speaks regularly for veterinary and behavioral conferences and is a sought-after speaker in the U.S. and around the world including Europe, U.K., Taiwan, Japan, Australia and New Zealand.
Theresa has recently published her first book, “Don’t Nag…TAG! Success the First Time with TAGteach”
You may also like the following events from Wonder Paws Puppy School & Family Dog Training: