Aerial Therapeutics Foundation Course
Aerial Therapeutics Foundation 2 Day Course
With Renae Stevens
This course is designed for professionals in the physical health and mental health fields seeking to harness the therapeutic power of Aerial Therapeutics into a remedial or teaching practice. This 2 day course introduces the theoretical foundations for the complete applied aerial therapeutics postgraduate course, and provides the opportunity to gain a personal experiential perspective on the unique healing qualities of the aerial hammock.
What will I learn in this course?
This course will provide foundational knowledge in a theoretical and experiential format of these key areas:
• The CreativeBodyFlow (CBF) approach to Aerial Therapeutics which integrates the psychobiological processes of creativity, flow state experiences and sensory integration
• The therapeutic qualities and attributes of the aerial hammock including those that may influence the participant’s positive experience and engagement in treatment.
• Steps to trauma recovery and the role of the body
• Principals of yoga therapy including how to elicit the relaxation response and promote parasympathetic functioning
• Neurobiological understanding of trauma and the relationship to chronic pain
• Frameworks for understanding stages of physical rehabilitation, including the contributing mental health
factors in healing
*This foundational workshop is prerequisite to complete the 150hr Applied Aerial Therapeutics Post Graduate program.
Why use an Aerial apparatus in a therapeutic setting?
Aerial Therapeutics is a single-apparatus based mind-body exercise that aligns with progressive exercise-based rehabilitation and trauma-informed frameworks.
Aerial Therapeutic interventions are currently being adapted into clinical physiotherapy practice in Australia and mental health services and are showing promising results. The aerial hammock is known to provide restorative benefits of zero-compression inversions, is thought to enhance 3-dimensional spatial awareness and sensory integration, and can elicit a relaxation response through sensations of being ‘cradled’ As a physical health modality, focus can be placed on integrative movements that condition muscle tone with the use of perturbation and also reduce muscle tension using gravity assisted mobility and traction.
As a body-based mental health modality this apparatus is adaptable into a neurosequential model of therapeutics for retraining interrupted developmental processes and can assisting the process of trauma recovery by providing somatic experiences that enhance sensory information processing, centre the practitioner in the present moment, empower the individual to self regulate and elicit the relaxation response.
Who is this training for?
• Physical health, mental health and occupational health professionals
• Aerial yoga/Yoga/Pilates instructors
Who is the Principal Presenter?
Renae Stevens' Qualifications:
• Polestar Studio Rehab Instructor
• Antigravity Master Instructor
• Franklin Method Educator
• Senior Yoga Teacher
• Registered Yoga Therapist
• Registered Mental Health professional (Art Therapy)
Saturday 1/2/20: 9:30am-6pm
Sunday 2/2/20: 9:15am-4:45pm
Course: $390/ $340 Early Bird bookings before 15th of Jan
The course is non-refundable 14 days or less from commencement, but can be credited and rescheduled for future trainings with CreativeBodyFlow
You may also like the following events from Bend and Fly Yoga:
Also check out other Health & Wellness Events in West End
, Workshops in West End
, Arts Events in West End