Rates Cutz 2019 - Free Cutz 4 Chats - Sunday Public Art Event
Rates Cutz 2019 is a local body election focused pop-up hair salon. Rates Cutz uses a unique blend of theatre & visual arts to create salons offering free haircuts in exchange for political conversations.
You're invited to enter the Rates Cutz 2019 pop-up hair salon to discuss the issues for the upcoming Wellington local body elections on the weekend of Sun Sept 29 at the Sunday Harbourside Market. Can't make Sunday? Don't fret, we're cutting political conversations as part of Barbarian Productions Spring Uprising at Vogelmorn Bowling Club, because what's better than one day chatting all things politics? TWO DAYS!
Thanks to the support of the Wellington City Council Public Art Fund, come along to the Harbourside Market and interact in our public arts space in a variety of engaging ways...
- Receive a Rates Cut and participate in a salon wide political conversation.
- Participate in a salon election, as a candidate or voter, as to who gets a Rates Cut.
- Interact with the various candidates who are standing in the upcoming election
- Participate in a group conversation with other hosts &/or participants.
- Interact with the hosts regarding the salon and your own political/civic conversation.
- Read, interact and graffitti the chalkboard installation surrounding the salon.
- Colour in politicians & read relevant material while chatting to strangers about politics
- Hang out, observe &/or runaway!
We want to help people become MORE ENGAGED in local body politics, participate by VOTING and have a UNIQUE ARTS EXPERIENCE at the same time!
Its well known that people shy away from the voting booth as only 43% vote on average in these elections and we aim to give it a BIG SHOT OF ENERGY… one haircut at a time!
Please note that Rates Cutz 2019 is a politically neutral space and we approach this with no political alignment.
#politicalcutz #ratescutz #donate #freecutz #freechats #politicalcutz #ratescutz #donate #conversations #nzpol #onecutatatime #spiritofservice #hair #publicart #nzart #freecutz #freechats #freecutz4chats
You may also like the following events from Political Cutz: