Yin Yang Course: Dancing Your Systems
With Claudia Kratzheller
Have you ever seen a cat lying in the sun, totally relaxed? And how fast the same animal gets on its feet in no time when the moment asks for it? That is a switch from Yin and Yang energy: from a state of complete relaxation into being ready, alert and in action.
We, as humans, have the same ability and we constantly do it: from subtle changes in conversation to bigger actions, such as running to catch a ball or save a baby from falling. By building awareness of this energy, we can learn to direct it and apply it to daily practice and life.
Our body, mind, and spirit are like a symphony of systems: bones, muscles, fascia, nervous system. You can compare it to a symphony in music: all the different instruments playing together create a genius piece of art. The aim of this course is to create harmony within our systems, helping them to work together, every moment, every day as long as we live.
We adapt and respond to the world around us, and what we call Yin and Yang energy is the result of the systems reacting to different stimuli around and within us. in Yoga asana, different styles, and shapes can help us to access and move between Yin and Yang energies.
Here it can be helpful to be able to blend the energies and how to preserve and cherish the sensitivity and being able to act fast or be resilient in a fast-paced and hectic environment.
What you will learn:
Dancing Your Systems is a fusion of various body-mind disciplines, such as Body-Mind Centering (BMC), Laban Bartenieff Fundamentals, and Tensegrity.
With the help of the body systems (bones, muscles, fascia, nervous system, organs) and their particular qualities, we will explore:
- Yielding, reaching, push & pull
- Rooting – expansion - elongation,
- Center and Periphery, navel radiation
- Somatic exploration
- Gentle contemplative moving to explore and discover as well as dynamic energetic moving to let go and expand. Diving deep within to radiate out!
Benefits of this course include:
- Insight into the systems of your body
- Introduction to the principle of Tensegrity ( = Tension & Integrity)
- How to apply the principle in movement
- Support to oscillate and balance your yin and yang energy
- Safe embedding in the same committed group
- Self-care practices / self-massage
- Practical ways to integrate the findings on the yoga mat and your daily life
⚭ Teacher: Claudia Kratzheller
⚭ Time: 19:30 - 21:30
⚭ Dates: August 10th, August 17th, August 24th, and August 31st
⚭ Location: Weteringschans
⚭ Price: € 90 for the complete course