Roman Holiday Gala at the Embassy of Italy
Open Bar, Italian Food, Holiday Cheer, European Ballroom Dancing, Italian Holiday Opera, Late Night DJ Dancing, Chocolates from throughout Europe, and Hundreds of Holiday Revelers!
– Christmas and Hanukah in Rome
– The Majesty of the Coliseum
– The Beauty of the Trevi Fountain
Want to travel to Italy for the holidays? Ready to toast in the season in the backyard of Europe? Celebrate the holidays with us in one of the most exciting venues in Our area;
– Italian wines, Italian Food and Desserts, European Dance Demos, Lessons and More!
– Help contribute to the toy drive with Toys for Tots by bringing an unwrapped toy with you.
Don your best outfits and be transported to one of the most beautiful and admired countries in all of Europe as we bring together the glory of Caesar’s Roman Empire with the allure of Modern Western Europe. From the music of the European master composers to a late-night modern DJ playing your favorite hits, this Italian Holiday Ball has something for everyone. Also, be on the lookout for Babbo Natale (Santa Claus)
This event is perfect for both couples and singles alike and we expect a sellout audience of young professionals to this grand event.
Your magical evening features:
1) SPECIAL CAROLERS GREETING:
Upon arrival, you’ll be greeted by Holiday carolers singing Christmas, Chanukkah and Seasonal Favorites to get you into the spirit (both in English and French).
2) BALLROOM DANCING with LESSONS
Travel to the center of the Emperor’s Palace as you waltz, Fox Trot, Tango and even Swing in an 18th century ballroom setting. Ballroom dance lessons will be provided as an introductory refresher.
3) HOLIDAY OPERA PRESENTATION
As if we were evoking the celebratory spirit of St. Peter’s Square in the Vatican, we will be privy to a special performance of classical opera pieces celebrating the holiday season!
4) EUROPEAN NIGHTCLUB:
In the second half of the evening, we visit the hottest nightclubs emulating the hot spots of Via Del Corse as one our area’s top DJs spins the best retro, swing and top 40 dance hits.
5) EUROPEAN BAR
Tonight, we will present OPEN BAR of European wines European wines, beers and other nonalcoholic refreshments. Wines and beers several different countries, including the vineyards of Italy, will be on hand for you to sample and enjoy!
6) DOLCI (Desserts). As if picked from the best pastry shops in all of Italy, our dessert selection offers you a wide variety of assortment de holiday Italian treats Experience the exquisite French desserts found in some of the finest restaurants, cafes and casinos in all of Italy
7) EUROPEAN HOLIDAY CHOCOLATES TASTING
Sample, compare and conquer some of the greatest chocolates from throughout Western and Eastern Europe.
8) WIN A TRIP TO THE CARIBBEAN
A drawing for all to partake in. One lucky person will win plane and hotel to the Caribbean!
9) CHARITY TOY DRIVE with TOYS FOR TOTS:
Help TTD spread joy to children this year. A marine representative from Toys for Tots will be on hand for collection. Please bring a new, unwrapped toy.
10) PLUS – A VISIT BY BABBO NATALE, otherwise known as SANTA CLAUS: Santa will come to take pictures and to tell you about how HE is celebrated in Italy!
Note: This is primarily a stand up, buffet style reception with limited seating throughout the evening. We will have limited tables and chairs, but will not be able to accommodate seating for all attendees at one time. If you have any special needs, please email ZXZlbnRzIHwgdGhpbmdzdG9kb0RDICEgY29t in advance.
VIP OPTION: For a little extra royalty this evening, you will get:
– Early Admission to the Gala (7:00 PM);
– Private Champagne Reception;
– Special Early Italian Holiday Dinner Menu (TBA)
NOTE: Please be advised that this event is NOT directly organized by the Embassy of Italy. Any concern or information request on the event MUST be addressed through our organization directly. Please do not contact the embassy with any specific questions.
Black Tie Optional. Minimum of Suit & Tie for Men. Cocktail Attire for Women. Casual wear, jeans or sneakers prohibited.
You may also like the following events from ThingstodoDC.com:
- This Friday, 6th December, 07:30 pm, Haitian and Caribbean Holiday Celebration at the Embassy of Hait in Washington
- This Friday, 6th December, 07:30 pm, Caribbean Holiday Celeration at the Embassy of Haiti in Washington
- This Saturday, 7th December, 11:30 am, Scavenger Holiday Hunt, Great Race and Challenge in Alexandria