AGA Federal Accounting Research Workshop - February Edition
Federal Accounting Research Workshops
Developing Federal accounting research skills is key to the federal financial management community in order to execute, enhance, and assess the financial reporting process and navigate the emerging accounting challenges that come with modernization. Several approaches are available to ease the process of navigating the Federal accounting standards. AGA DC chapter members Alan Perry and Monica Valentine are excited to offer a new four (4) hour Federal Accounting research workshop for local AGA chapter members on January 29th and February 21st free of charge. In this workshop, participants will attain a hands-on experience for learning the several approaches to developing, improving, or refining your federal accounting research skills also earn up to 4 CPE Credits in Accounting (Governmental) – Technical.
In this interactive, activity-based course participants will:
1. gain a working knowledge of methods, approaches, and tools for efficiently researching and understanding federal accounting standards,
2. learn how to use accounting standards and research as a basis to help improve financial reporting and resolve outstanding or emerging accounting issues at their agencies, and
3. work in teams on case studies, gain an appreciation for and understanding of key considerations and challenges that are often encountered in public sector accounting and auditing.
Alan and Monica are promising challenging group case studies, fun activities and class discussions, as well as some entertaining Bitmojis in their slide deck. You won’t want to miss it.
January 29th 8:30 AM – 12:15 PM
February 21st 8:30 AM – 12:15 PM
1801 K Street, NW
Washington, D.C. 20006
Prerequisites / Advance Preparation:
Who Should Attend:
1. DC, Northern Virginia, and Montgomery / Prince George’s County AGA chapter members
2. Federal accountants, auditors, analysts, and financial managers with at least one year of experience in federal financial management
3. Laptops will be required; bring your own laptop! Wi-Fi will be available.
4. This course is participatory and collaborative by design; registrants should be prepared to participate in group work and engage with others throughout the class.
Monica R. Valentine, CPA, CGFM
Assistant Director, FASAB
R. Alan Perry, Jr., CPA, CGFM
Senior Financial Auditor, GAO
4 CPE Credits in Accounting (Governmental) - Technical
Free! Includes continental breakfast sponsored by AGA DC, AGA Northern Virginia, and AGA Montgomery/Prince George’s chapters
Be sure to register early! There are only 32 seats available for each class!
The meeting is free of charge. However, if you register and have to cancel, cancellations must be sent by email to a2VsbHlzYWx0ZXIgfCBrcG1nICEgY29t 48 hours prior to the meeting.
Also, if you have questions or a complaint, please email Kelly Salter at a2VsbHlzYWx0ZXIgfCBrcG1nICEgY29t.
Liked this event? Spread the word :