21 June: International Day Of Yoga
International Day of Yoga is celebrated on 21st June every year. This day is celebrated to spread the awareness of yoga and the benefits of doing it. There are too many yoga seminars, workshops & even yoga classes in Virginia Beach happening on this day.
When was the first yoga day celebrated?
The international day of yoga was first celebrated on 21st January, 2015. It was first proposed by the Prime Minister of India - Narendra Modi in 2014 at the UNGA.
Why is International Yoga day celebrated?
Yoga day is celebrated to spread the awareness of the benefits of yoga. Now, you may ask; what are the benefits of yoga? Here you go:
- It helps in getting mental peace and reduces stress.
- It increases the flexibility of the body.
- It helps in curing major diseases like high blood pressure, cholestrol, diabetes and chronic pain.
- It helps in improving respiration & getting a balanced metabolism.
- It improves your muscle strength and helps in toning.
- It increases the endurance and lowers the resting heart rate.
- It improves your posture, your core strength and concentration.
- It improves your sleep cycle and keeps your mental health in a good space.
- It enhances your spiritual well-being and social function.
- It also helps in reducing weight and circulatory health.
These were the top 10 benefits but there is a lot more that yoga can do and can help you with. Discover the best of yoga events in Virginia Beach and improve your physical, spiritual and mental health.