Join The Western Routes as we head to Velas - The Village of Turtles to witness the release of turtles in the sea.
Date: 25 - 26 March 2017
Day 1 - Saturday, 25 March
12:00 am - Depart for Velas in a mini-bus (We will manage pick-ups from pre-decided locations depending upon the participants)
5:45 am - Arrive in Velas and head to the beach to see the hatching and release of the turtles.
9:00 am - Return back to the village, breakfast and time for leisure.
1:00 pm - Lunch
3:00 pm - Explore the areas around Velas. Visit the strategically built Himmatgad Fort which overlooks the sea and the Bankot creek.
6:00 pm - Velas Beach for the release of turtles.
8:30 pm - Dinner. Overnight stay in Velas
Day 2 - Sunday, 26 March
6:00 am - Turtle release on Velas Beach
8:30 am - Breakfast followed by some leisure time to explore the village
10:00 am - Head to Shrivardhan via the Bankot-Bagmandla Ferry boat.
2:00 pm - Lunch at Shrivardhan.
4:00 pm - Depart for Pune
Costs: ₹ 3200 per person | ₹ 2800 per child (5-11 years)
The cost includes
- Travel: Pune-Velas-Pune Travel and all internal travel in an AC Bus
- Accommodation on multiple sharing. We will be living in one of the houses. We will make sure that everyone gets a mattress to sleep on. Please note that separate bedrooms for each individual/family are not available.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Tea & Dinner on Day 1 & Breakfast & Lunch, Evening tea & Snacks on Day 2.
- All Taxes
The cost excludes
- Any additional items not mentioned in the 'includes' list
- Any tips and personal expenses (mineral water, cold drinks etc.)
To book a place on this trip send an email with your contact details on thewesternroutes | gmail ! com
. For any other queries, contact Jayesh on 9011040773 / 9405591758
- We will decide the pick up points 2 days prior to the travel. Home pick ups will not be possible, but depending on the group, we will decide a convenient pick up point. On 26 March, there will be 1-2 drop locations.
- Accommodation is in one of the houses in Velas village. We will make sure that everyone gets a mattress to sleep on. Separate bedrooms for each individual/family are not available.
- Turtle hatching is a natural event and cannot be manipulated. Seeing the turtles is not guaranteed. But the conservation project, the community-based tourism initiative and involvement of locals in conservation is worth the visit!
To confirm your seat, please proceed to making the payment. Here are the bank details for an online transfer
Account Name: The Western Routes
Account Number: 01492560005495
Account Type: Current
Bank & Branch: HDFC Bank, Kothrud, Pune
Check out our blog on the Turtle Festival
Photos from our previous trips to the Turtle Festival
You may also like the following events from The Western Routes
Also check out other Festivals in Shrivardhan