Call For Artists - Art Sale Fundraiser
ART SALE FUNDRAISER BENEFITING
CRISTINA’S TORTINA SHOP
HOSTED BY PROGRESSIVE TRAINING COLLEGE OF
BUSINESS & HEALTH
In honour of Progressive Training College of Business & Health’s 20th Anniversary, we are excited to be hosting an Art Sale Celebration to benefit a very special small business in our community that is making big waves in the lives of those with Down syndrome. Cristina’s Tortina Shop creates equal employment opportunities for people with Down syndrome. As a team, they are advocates for recognizing and showcasing capabilities! To learn more about this incredible business, visit www.cristinastortinashop.com. If you are a visual artist working in painting, photography, printmaking, or drawing, and are interested in supporting this incredible initiative, please find application information below.
Each artist will be donating 40% of their sales to Cristina’s Tortina Shop.
Event Date: Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Event Location: McMichael Canadian Art Collection
Artist Setup Time: Thursday, October 3, 2019 at 4:00 PM
Application Deadline: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 at 11:59 PM
Artists are required to submit the following information to aW5mbyB8IHB0Y29sbGVnZSAhIGNvbQ==, with the subject line 'Artist Submission' for consideration:
1. Full name
3. Telephone number
4. Website or social media (if applicable)
5. Artist's statement
6. Medium (artists are permitted to sell more than one type of medium, for example, oil painting and drawing)
7. Five image files (.jpeg, .jpg, .png, .pdf) of examples of your work that is most representative of what you would like to offer for sale)
All complete applications must be received by Tuesday, June 25, 2019, at 11:59 PM. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ BEFORE SUBMITTING:
1. This show accepts original artwork only. Artwork must be your own, and entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published paintings, photographs or other artistic work.
2. Each artist will be provided a 6-foot rectangular table with linen. All other supports, such as table easels or shelving must be provided by the artist. You are permitted to affix a banner to your table, provided it does not damage the linen or table. Each artist is permitted to bring one (1) full-size easel as well. Absolutely no work is permitted to be hung on the walls of the studio space.
3. There is no application fee for this show, however, each artist accepted into the show is required to submit to Progressive Training College of Business & Health via Interac E-transfer to aW5mbyB8IHB0Y29sbGVnZSAhIGNvbQ==, a $150 refundable deposit, which will be returned to you after you have participated in the show and have not caused any damage to the space, no later than two (2) weeks following the show via Interact E-transfer or cheque. This deposit ensures that all artists who have accepted a spot at the show actually participate, and respect the space the show will be held in. Deposits will not be refunded to artists who are no-shows or decline their spot after they have accepted, nor will deposits be refunded in the event of any damage caused to the space.
3. The artist is responsible for pricing their own work. Please note that each sale will donate 40% to Cristina's Tortina Shop, facilitated by Progressive Training College of Business & Health
4. Progressive Training College of Business & Health will take all payments on sales by the artists at the event via credit card or cash. Payment to the artist will then be distributed by Progressive Training College of Business & Health no later than two (2) weeks following the event via Interac E-transfer or cheque, minus the monies allocated for donation to Cristina's Tortina Shop.
5. Artists are expected to be in attendance for the entire show. If you are not able to be present for the show, please do not apply.
6. Artists who are accepted into the show automatically give permission to Progressive Training College of Business & Health and Cristina's Tortina Shop to use their name and submitted images of their artwork in marketing materials to promote the event, not limited to flyers, posters, billboards, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram, and Twitter.