Two generations of Canadian contemporary dance artists come together in an evening of vibrant solo works helmed by Mary-Louise Albert. Having retired from a performing career twenty years ago, Albert is reviving three solos she commissioned from leading Canadian choreographers, for a new generation of outstanding female performers. Joyful, yearning, vivacious, and dramatic, these eclectic, beautifully crafted solos encompass a world of emotions. Albert herself returns to the stage at the age of 65 for the premiere of phase one of a new solo work commissioned from Serge Bennathan; and to mark emerging choreographic voices, Ellis and Margolick will also share two of their own short solos.
oLOS Performer: Vanessa Goodman | Choreography: Tedd Robinson
Woman Walking (away) Performer: Livona Ellis | Choreography: Peter Bingham
Trace Elements Performer: Rebecca Margolick | Choreography: Allen Kaeja
Empreintes Performer: Mary-Louise Albert |Choreography: Serge Bennathan
Unmoved Choreographer and Performer: Livona Ellis
Bunker Choreographer and Performer: Rebecca Margolick
Presented as part of The Dance Centre's Global Dance Connections series.
This performance will be filmed for streaming online at a later date: details TBA.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
We have developed a comprehensive COVID-19 plan to ensure we are doing everything we can to keep our patrons, staff, volunteers, and wider community safe.
• Theatre capacity has been reduced to 26 or less to ensure physical distancing is followed.
• All tickets must be purchased in advance online. Tickets will not be sold at the door, over the phone or at the front desk.
• Tickets are available only as singles (‘solo’) or pairs (‘duo’). Pairs are for people who are in the same ‘bubble’.
• When booking a duo, please provide contact information for both yourself and your companion, as required by the public health authority for contact tracing.
• Please arrive no earlier than 7.30pm and go directly to the lower lobby to check in. Printed tickets are not required.
• The theatre will open 30 minutes prior to the show: ushers will assist you with seating.
• We cannot admit latecomers after the show has started.
• If you need a wheelchair spot reserved please purchase your ticket first and then email bWFya2V0aW5nIHwgdGhlZGFuY2VjZW50cmUgISBjYQ==.
• If you feel unwell, or should be in quarantine or isolation for any reason, please stay home.
• Masks must be worn in the lobby and in the theatre throughout the show, by patrons, staff and volunteers. Masks are available for purchase from the front desk for $2 incl GST.
• Sanitization of high-contact areas, washrooms and seats has been increased.
• Hand sanitizer is available.
• Plexiglass screens at our main reception and ticket check-in maintain a barrier between staff and patrons.
• Signage and decals in our lobby remind everyone to maintain a physical distance of 2 metres.
• Washroom capacity is limited to 3 patrons at any one time. The bar is closed.
Please be patient and expect some delays - this is new for all of us, and we are doing our best to keep everyone safe.
You may also like the following events from The Dance Centre:
Tickets for Mary-Louise Albert: Solo Dances/Past Into Present can be booked here.
|Ticket Information||Ticket Price|
|Ticket: 'Solo'||CAD 32|
|Ticket: 'Duo'||CAD 32|
Create an online presence of your events and make them easy to discover & share with the relevant audience.Create Events