The UTFA Librarians Committee, with the support of the Membership Committee, is hosting an event about Open Access (OA).
The event will include a panel and Q&A and will be followed by an early evening reception with refreshments.
The goal of the event is to introduce the U of T community to OA, connect the community to OA experts on and off campus, and to foster a discussion at the event that extends beyond the evening. It will be of particular interest to UTFA members currently working on grant applications.
Please RSVP to ZmFjdWx0eSB8IHV0ZmEgISBvcmc=
as space is limited.
Speakers on the panel, to be moderated by Graeme Slaght, Copyright Outreach Librarian, will include:
• Kelsey Wiens, Public Lead, Creative Commons Canada
• Dr. Rachel Harding, Postdoctoral Fellow, Structural Genomics Consortium, University of Toronto
• Stephanie Orfano, Acting Head, Copyright and Scholarly Communications, U of T Libraries
• Mariya Maistrovskaya, Institutional Repositories Librarian, U of T Libraries
• Leslie Chan, Associate Professor, Teaching Stream, Department of Arts, Culture, and Media and Associate Director, Centre for Critical Development Studies, U of T Scarborough
• Steven Hermans, Social Sciences & Humanities Research Manager
For more information about the event, including full speaker bios, please see https://www.utfa.org/content/demystifying-open-access
This event is mobile chair accessible. Additional accessibility information is available on the U of T ACE webpage for the room. If you have any questions or requests around accessibility please contact us at ZmFjdWx0eSB8IHV0ZmEgISBvcmc=
Claude T. Bissell Building, Room 205
140 St. George St.