Peranakan Printing - Express Fabric Block
9.30am - 12.00pm | Thu 18 January 2018 | Toa Payoh | Ticket includes all workshop materials, kueh sweets & cappuccino!
CREATE YOUR OWN PERANAKAN INSPIRED PRINTS
Experience the fun of block printing while learning more about Peranakan tiles and this eclectic culture. Enjoy making a handcrafted table runner or table cloth for your home - by lunchtime!
This streamlined printmaking workshop is perfect for the busy beginner with a selected range of blocks and design templates available. Runners are made from quality cotton sateen and ready-sewn to ensure a speedy and fun printing session!
No art experience is necessary with friendly Australian- Peranakan artist & printmaker Jennifer Lim providing a relaxed and supportive environment. No carving is required.
Fabric Size Options:
Standard Tickets: 30x90cm or 50x50cm
- Quality cotton sateen from Japan with pre-ruled lines
- Access to a specially created range of hand-carved rubber blocks inspired by Peranakan tiles
- Use of all tools, materials and aprons
- Hands-on instruction from a professional printmaker and artist
- Bonus hemming service included - valued at $15
- Cosy sized classes for greater student-teacher interaction
BOOK YOUR OWN PRIVATE SESSION
I welcome private bookings for friends and colleagues! Just drop me a line.
STUDENT GALLERY & TESTIMONIALS
Visit my website student gallery to see more student creations and
read testimonials. www.jenniferlimart.com
Also check out other Arts Events in Toa Payoh, Workshops in Toa Payoh.
Liked this event? Spread the word :