The Medical Association of Georgia (MAG) will host a medical student abstract competition for MAG member students in conjunction with its annual House of Delegates meeting – an event that will take place at the Atlanta Evergreen Marriott Conference Resort on Saturday, October 19.
The competition will have four categories, including basic science/bench work, clinical research, public health, and case studies.
Just one winner will be selected in each category, and the winning abstracts will be published in the Journal of the Medical Association of Georgia.
Every student will also be given the opportunity to participate in a “Best Pitch Competition,” where they will have 45 seconds to “pitch” a panel of physician judges. The winner of this competition will be featured on MAG’s website.
– The deadline for the abstracts of 350 words or less is Monday, September 9.
– The contest is open to every MAG member student in every class in every medical school in the state.
– Submissions are limited to one abstract per primary author.
– Emails with additional details will be distributed by Monday, September 16.
– Contestants must set up their poster exhibits in the prefunction area of the Marriott no later than 12 p.m. on Saturday, October 19.
The posters should…
– Not exceed 36 inches by 48 inches.
– Include a title in all capital letters that is brief and clearly states the abstract’s content.
– List the presenting author’s name first.
– List the name and just one degree (e.g., BA or MPH or M.D.) for each author.
– List names of the authors’ institution(s), city, and state.
Participants must attend the meeting in Stone Mountain, they must set up their posters, and they must be a MAG student member.
Click for MAG student membership application
Click to learn more about MAG's MSS Section
Contact Renai Lilly at cmxpbGx5IHwgbWFnICEgb3Jn
|Ticket Information ||Ticket Price |
| MAG Student Abstract Showcase Submission Form || Free |