Muratie Winery, Knorhoek Rd, 7600 Stellenbosch, South Africa, Stellenbosch, South Africa
MTB Skills with Dave - Fundamental
David is a passionate mountain biker and has been riding and racing for the last 15 years, he has experience in multiple different disciplines of mountain biking, but his love for riding stemmed from a love of downhill racing. He now rides enduro and has been coaching multiple disciplines for the last six years.
This course is for you if:
The fundamentals class is a novice/beginner class aimed at new mountain bikers that have just gotten into the sport of mountain biking with some basic single track experience and would like to learn some good habits from the get-go, or even correct bad habits that may have already formed.
What you can expect from this course:
● You will be expected to sign in and meet at the Trail Centre for a 7:45 start.
● Once everyone attending the class has arrived, there will be a brief speech from the coach to run you through the day and to get to know your fellow mountain bikers.
● Basic bike setups will get underway, if you have any technical questions this would be a great time to bring them up!
● Next up will be running through some of the basics and a few drills before we head out on the trails.
● The fundamentals is a very short out and back ride that includes a few tutorials along the way normally about an hour and half and roughly 4kms. This is a very beginner trail, however if you feel uncomfortable at any time you are more than welcome to get off and walk.
● This class never strays too far from the Trail Centre, so you won’t need to pack enough food and water to complete the Sani2C, however water is always an essential to have on you. (Along with your usual essentials)
● Sunscreen is never a bad idea.
● Feel free to ask questions along the way:)
Itinerary for the day
● Basic bike setup
● Basic bike handling skills:
Mounting and dismounting the bike
● Body positions:
General body position
Ascending/Descending body positions
● Braking Fundamental Drills
● Climbing Tutorial on a switchback
● Descending Tutorial on a switchback
Book by mailing aW5mbyB8IGRpcnRvcGlhICEgY28gISB6YQ==