Muratie Winery, Knorhoek Rd, 7600 Stellenbosch, South Africa, Stellenbosch, South Africa
Intermediate MTB Skills with Dave
This course is for you if:
The Intermediate course builds off the Fundamentals class, while covering some of the basics, but is aimed at someone who has some moderate mountain biking experience and is comfortable on singletrack or is starting to get comfortable on singletrack. If you are looking to make sure you are forming good habits and reinforcing your current habits on the trail, then this is the choice for you.
What you can expect from this course:
● You will be expected to sign in and meet at the trail centre for a 11 AM start. (Unless otherwise stated)
● Once everyone attending the class has arrived, there will be a brief speech from the coach to run you through the day and to get to know your fellow mountain bikers.
● Basic bike setups will get underway, if you have any technical questions this would be a great time to bring them up!
● Next up will be running through some of the basics before we head out on the trails.
● The intermediate is a moderate out and back ride that includes a few tutorials along the way and normally about an hour and half and roughly 6-7km. This is a novice trail, however if you feel uncomfortable at any time you are more than welcome to get off and walk.
● This class never strays too far from the Trail Centre so you won’t need to pack enough food and water to complete the Cape Epic, however water is always an essential to have on you. (Along with your usual essentials)
● Sunscreen is never a bad idea.
● Feel free to ask questions along the way:)
Itinerary for the day
● Basic bike setup
● An overview of your suspension
● Basic bike handling skills:
● Body positions:
General body position
Ascending/Descending body positions
● Climbing Tutorial on a switchback
● Descending Tutorial on a switchback
● Riding rock gardens and technical sections with tutorials
● How to bunnyhop!
Book by mailing aW5mbyB8IGRpcnRvcGlhICEgY28gISB6YQ==