FOR IMMEDIATE PRESS RELEASE
2nd Annual 2018 Rated Boujie Awards & Magazine Release
Award Benefit show and Magazine Release: Paying Homage to the Driven While Shedding Light on a Cell That Sickles
Houston, Texas - Last year on Friday March 31, 2017 at the Destiny Center in Stafford, TX we bought the house down with 10,000 voters who casted 150,000 votes for who they thought should take home the award for Best of the year in the fashion industry. The 17 winners took the stage with speeches, tears and thank you s to all of the people who voted and supported them throughout the year. Hundreds gathered to support and bring awareness to Sickle Cell Anemia disease that affects primarily the African American community. Our show was hosted by Mizz Boujie, The Voice of Vision and consisted of entertainment by comedians Nissi Lamark and Brandon Brandshaw. Other featured entertainment was Poet the Dream and Rap group Fetti Huntaz. The show also included a walking mannequin fashion show, that took place effortlessly during the awards. The awards was sponsored by companies such as T-Mobile, Lecharm Magazine, Captured Moments by Sherlithia, Gospel Radio Nation, 953 Jamz, Touched by Tay, Yesac Boutique, Sky Trues, Eight 14, ZooMag Agency, Erselette Baxter and God’s Child. 2017 Rated Boujie Awards & Magazine Release brought out the best from Texas, Atlanta, Mississippi and Louisiana. On this night we released our first edition of Rated Boujie Magazine, which featured events over the southern border, as well as model spots lights and small business ads.
We are back again for year 2 of the Rated Boujie awards & Magazine Release! Gearing up to honor and pay homage the the many professionals within the fashion industry and shed a bright light on the everyday struggles of living with sickle cell anemia. Set to be held on Sunday May 27, 2018 at the Destiny Center located at 1622 Staffordshire Road Stafford, TX 77477. Get there early, red carpet and vendor shopping starts at 6pm, with the awards starting at 7pm till 10:30pm. Ticket sales start March 25, 2018 and can be purchased online at Ratedboujieawards.com or the day of the show at the door.
When you embark on a mission for success, you will need little reminders to encourage you along the way! This is the very reason this award show was created; to motivate and restore. We want to continue to empower individuals to continue to strive for greatness no matter their medical conditions. Know that you have a support system to help you on your journey
We have an amazing line up for this years show, returning to the stage to host the 2018 RBA’s is Houston’s own Mizz Boujie, The Voice of Vision. She brings along with her several Neo Soul performers, comedians and open acts, so get ready to be entertained. RBAs has also added 6 new categories to the show, bringing the show to 20 categories in the fashion industry. This year we also honor and highlight Erselette Baxter, Booker T and Irene Ybarra with the MVP Boujie Award for their continued sponsorship of Rated Boujie. These indivduals have been valued sponsors of Rated Boujie since 2014. We could not continue to do what we do without these 3 people. Who will you nominate? Nominations start March 25th and run till April 6th. The voting round starts April 22th and goes until May 6th. The winner will be announced the day of the show.
RULES/ EXPECTATIONS DRESS CODE: Dress code is semi-formal, no white tees or baseball hats will be accepted.No Children UNDER 16 will be allowed!
- DESIGNER OF THE YEAR. ((ACCESSORY & CLOTHING)) - MODEL OF THE YEAR. ((MALE, INDUSTRY, PLUS)) - MODELING AGENCY OF THE YEAR - NAIL TECH OF THE YEAR - INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT YEAR ((NEW CATEGORY )) - BOUTIQUE OF THE YEAR. ((CLOTHING & ACCESSORY)) - FASHION STYLIST OF THE YEAR - HAIR SALON OF THE YEAR - T - SHIRT LINE OF THE YEAR - VIDEOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR. ((NEW CATEGORY )) - PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR - MUA OF THE YEAR - COSMETIC LINE OF THE YEAR - BUNDLE HAIR DEALER OF THE YEAR. ((NEW CATEGORY)) - EVENT PLANNER OF THE YEAR. ((NEW CATEGORY )) - PUBLICIST OF THE YEAR. ((NEW CATEGORY )) - BLOGGER OF THE YEAR. ((NEW CATEGORY ))
((Nomination start March 25th and will close on April 6th!))
- Only 3 nominees per category will compete for the award.
- Nominees will be chosen (A) according to how many times nominated (B) how many slots for nominations remain.
- Nominees must have either a Facebook business page, Instagram page or website to verify for entry.
- Nominees must be willing to post about the event weekly
- Nominations will be accepted by website submission at www.RatedBoujieAwards.com/nomination
((Voting starts April 22nd and will close on May 6th))
- Your votes from previous round will be carried over to this round.
- You must be present to accept award, if not runner up takes the award.
- You will receive a complementary ticket, we only ask for you to bring 1 paid ticketed guest for your support. They will use your code at checkout
- Your voters are allowed to vote once a day every day, until the polls close.
- You must be willing to post about the event on social media. (For trending)
- Votes will be accepted by website submission at www.RatedBoujieAwards.com/voting
Join Facebook group "Rated Boujie" to watch polling
PLEASE BE SURE TO ADD #RATEDBOUJIEAWARDS to all social media posts.
******* Tickets are non refundable********
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT: WWW.RATEDBOUJIEEVENTS.EVENTBRITE.COM WWW.RATEDBOUJIEAWARDS.COM
AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR!
THIS EVENT IS SPONSORED BY:
SPRINT, Erselette Baxter, Yesac Boutique, Touched by Tay, Boujie's Box, Captured Moments by Sherlitha