Easter Weekend 2023, we celebrate the age of restoration! ?
Reforest Fest is back for its 11th year! An annual tree-planting event that brings people together to plant thousands of trees, while enjoying a celebration like no other.
It’s a festival for everyone and whether you celebrate Easter or not, there is much to be grateful for over this long weekend.
Help restore degraded land; attend workshops, talks & classes. Celebrate under the stars with local live music & DJ’s and delight in the wholesome food village. Where creativity meets participation, join in the diverse array of entertainment with interactive art & theater for the whole family - all whilst having a blast getting active for the environment.
The 2023 event is being held at Bodhi Khaya Nature Retreat is located only 2.5 hours from Cape Town.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
? TREE PLANTING
? KIDS AREA
? GUIDED WALKS
? LIVE MUSIC
? DELICIOUS FOOD
? SPECIALITY DRINKS
? SPECTACULAR NATURE
? TOUR DE TREES (cycle to the event! More details tbc)
? Arrive Friday afternoon (it's Good Friday so it's a public holiday!) pitch your tent and relax into a chilled night of gentle tunes under the stars.
? Awake early on Saturday for an action-packed day of planting thousands of trees: you will help to restore the Uilenkraal valley ecosystem. After planting thousands of trees in your teams, return to camp for a forest party to celebrate your achievement.
? Sunday is a day to relax your body and stimulate your mind with fun, educational activities and interactive workshops, guided forest walks, yoga and guest talks on sustainability topics.
? Monday, enjoy the natural surroundings of Bodhi Khaya before you depart back home
The stunning surrounds of Bodhi Khaya Nature Retreat welcome explorers to its milkwood forests and fynbos trails, in addition to beautiful on-site accommodation.
New this year is our exciting Tented Village, featuring luxury-fitted bell tents and pre-erected Kartents - fully-equipped 2-person cardboard tents, to suit all budgets and preferences.
- A place to pitch your tent in the lovely grassy Bodhi Khaya fields
- Tree planting
- Workshops, talks and activities: upcycling, arts & crafts, theatre, games, educational workshops
- Live entertainment: music and performances
- Yoga & meditation classes
- Forest walks
And so much more!
- FOOD: We will provide some snacks during the planting and there will be a selection of delicious food trucks and vendors on site preparing fresh, delicious meals for purchase, with a large selection of vegan- and vegetarian-friendly options, as well as kid-friendly options
- TENTS: These can be rented separately if you don't bring your own
- ACCOMMODATION UPGRADES:
- TRANSPORT: It is your responsibility to get to the event.
- CAMPER VAN PARKING:
**Please take note that this is a family friendly festival. Minors (U18s) must attend with a parent or guardian. Bring the whole family and get your hands dirty for a good cause!
Celebrating the age of restoration
? STAY UPTO DATE WITH GREENPOP
Want to join the event but do not have the financial means? Email for reduced ticket price subsidised by our community: Y2xhdWRpYSB8IGdyZWVucG9wICEgb3Jn