Prom It Forward
Prom It Forward is a FREE prom event for Slidell/Pearl River area high school seniors. Sponsored by community donations, Prom It Forward makes available gently used prom dresses AT NO EXPENSE to high school seniors.
March It Forward, a 501(c)3 non-profit, wants our high school seniors to be successful. We realize prom can be expensive to attend. Our mission is to free up funds that would be used for prom so our graduating seniors can use that money for graduation and post graduation expenses, such as Grad Bash, college applications, a car...
Prom It Forward participation is easy. As a community driven event you can join the Prom It Forward movement in a variety of ways:
* AWARENESS - Share and tag your friends, neighbors, church members, mardi gras krewe members and co-workers. We have a large graduating class from all of our area high schools. We need dresses, dresses and more dresses. Gently used dresses can be dropped off at Linda March Photography/Studio 61, 1184 Front Street, Slidell, Tuesday-Friday, 10:30a-5p. Your donation is a charitable, tax deductible donation.
* SHARE THIS EVENT - We need your help getting the word out.
Prom is quickly approaching. Many of our families are rebounding from Christmas and wondering how they are going to manage the heavy expenses graduation carries. You are our community. Your voice is the one that will reach a high school senior who can take advantage of saving money on prom. Your voice is the one that will reach a community member who has a dress in their closet that they can donate. We need your voice to back this movement. We can't do it alone.
* TAG A SENIOR - Trust me. They'll appreciate knowing they can shop for free in a judgment free environment that encourages them to save their money.
* SPONSOR A RACK - We've already received community donations and anticipate many more to come. We need racks to hang these beautiful dresses on. If you would like to donate a rack or make a financial contribution to be used toward a rack, please let me (Linda March) know. March It Forward is a 501(c)3 non-profit. Your donation, prom dress, clothing rack or monetary, is tax exempt.
* BECOME A VOLUNTEER - Volunteers are needed the week of February 19-22nd to help get dresses ready for seniors. This includes sewing repairs and spot cleaning. Please message us for more information.
* COME "SHOP" WITH US - Linda March Photography/Studio 61 will be open on two days for our high school seniors to come "shop" and try on dresses:
February 23rd 9a-2p; and;
February 26th, 6p-9p.
Seniors will need to present their high school ID to "buy" a dress.
* KEEP PROM IT FORWARD IN THE LOOP - If you have already partnered with a church or other organization that sponsors a prom dress event, please let us know. We know that we will not be able to serve all of our high school seniors. Prom It Forward wants to partner with your event and be able to refer seniors that we could not accommodate to other community programs that may be able to serve them. Please message us your program details so we can promote it.
Prom It Forward is not a charity event. It is a community movement. Thank you for joining the Prom It Forward movement.
Liked this event? Spread the word :