Dates: 23-27 April 2018 (40 hours)
In-person assessment date: 28 April 2018
This programme will provide participants with a strong foundation in conflict management through a rigorous 40-hour mediation training. It will equip participants with the essential structures and practical skill-sets for managing conflict in cross-border and cross-cultural settings. After completing the programme, participants will have the competence and confidence to mediate disputes in their respective fields and industries.
You will gain:
– Understanding of how conflict impacts human behaviour;– Knowledge of negotiation and mediation as conflict management processes;– Foundational skills in mediation from current best practices;– Immersion and instruction in a specific mediation model and process;– Skills for navigating high levels of emotion, value differences, power imbalances, and impasses in mediations;– Interaction with the ground-breaking Mediation Meta-Model; and– Understanding of the ethical issues and legal and regulatory framework(s) for mediation.
Pathway to (i) SIDRA Certification; (ii) Singapore International Mediation Institute Level 1 Accreditation; and (iii) Mediator Accreditation in Australia through the University of Western Australia.
More assessment and accreditation information here.
This programme is a SILE Accredited CPD Activity.
SILE Public CPD Points (Total): 30
· Day 1 – 6 Public CPD Points
· Day 2 – 6 Public CPD Points
· Day 3 – 6 Public CPD Points
· Day 4 – 6 Public CPD Points
· Day 5 – 6 Public CPD Points
Practice Area: Alternative Dispute Resolution
Training Category: General
Participants who wish to claim CPD Points must comply strictly with the Attendance Policy set out in the CPD Guidelines. For this activity, participants are reminded to sign in on arrival and sign out at the conclusion of each day of the event in the manner required by the organiser. Participants must not be absent from each day of the event for more than 15 minutes. Participants may obtain 6 Public CPD Points for each day of the event on which they comply strictly with the Attendance Policy. Participants who do not comply with the Attendance Policy on any particular day of the event will not be able to obtain CPD Points for that day. Please refer to www.sileCPDcentre.sg
for more information.