Naoussa Greek Wine Pairing Dinner
Enjoy a 5-course dinner with outstanding Xinomavro wines from the town of Naoussa in the hills of Macedonia in Northern Greece, a region recognized for its superior quality since the 1970’s.
For those less familiar, Xinomavro is an indigenous Greek grape varietal, one of four ‘ambassador’ grapes of the country alongside Assyrtiko, Moschofilero and Agiorghitiko. Literally meaning acid (Xinos) and black (Mavros), Xinomavro has been gaining in popularity the world over thanks to publicity efforts of the European Union and Greece.
>> WINE PAIRING DINNER MENU
1. Vaeni Co-op Naoussa 2015, paired with
77°C OCTOPUS & MUSHROOMS
Sous vide octopus and assorted sauteed mushrooms served with fondant potatoes and traditional Greek tzatziki dip.
2. Chrisohoou Naoussa 2016, paired with
HERB-STUDDED RUMP OF LAMB
Oven-baked lamb rump studded with a choice selection of herbs, served with pommes puree, charred asparagus and dressed with a warm vinaigrette.
3. Kir Yianni Ramnista 2015, paired with
CRISPY-SKINNED DUCK BREAST
Sous vide duck breast drizzled with a strawberry-infused whisky reduction, served with beets and feta salad.
4. Vaeni Co-op Damescenos 2015, paired with
VEAL MILANESE ALLA PUTANESCA
Fusili pasta with olives and anchovies, topped with breaded veal Milanese and rocket salad.
5. Chrisohoou Naoussa 2012, paired with
CRISPY HARISSA PORK BELLY
Oven-baked pork belly with spicy harissa paste, served with Greek couscous and a touch of cream.
>> FEATURED WINES AT WINE FAIR, 6-10pm
- Foundi Estate Naoussa 2012
- Foundi Estate Estate Foundi 2011
- Kir Yianni Ramnista 2015
- Kokkinos Xinomavro 2014
- Lousis Naoussa 2014
- Argatia Naoussa 2013
- Boutari Winery Naoussa 2016
- Boutari Winery Naoussa Grande Reserve 2011
- Melitzani Winery Naoussa 2016
- Chrisohoou Naoussa 2016
- Crhisohoou Ktima Chrisohoou 2012
- Markovitis Winery Naoussa 2013
- Elinos Mavro Naoussa 2015
- Elinos Taralas Naoussa 2013
- Kelesidis Merhali 2009
- Vaeni Naoussa Co-op Naoussa 2015
- Vaeni Naoussa Co-op Naoussa Grande Reserve 2012
- Vaeni Naoussa Co-op Damascenos 2015
- Tsantali Winery Naoussa Reserve 2014
- Diamantakos Winery Naoussa 2015
- Thymiopoulos Naoussa Alta 2015
>> VISITING WINERY REPRESENTATIVES
We are also privileged to have with us Efstratios Katis of Vaeni Co-operative, Kallistratos Georgiadis of Kir-Yianni winery, Efstathios Papadopoulos of Chrisohoou winery, and agronomist Irini Zafeiropoulou to share about their wines and the Naoussa wine region.
>> DETAILS & TICKETS
Date: Thu, 29 March 2018
Venue: Main Deck (Level 1)
Price: $80 online | Not available at the door
Includes admission to Wine Fair from 6-10pm
For more information, please call our in-house wine specialist Daryl Saw at 62785775 or email ZGFyeWwgfCByaXZlcmJvYXQgISBjb20gISBzZw==.
Also check out other Festivals in Singapore.
Liked this event? Spread the word :