Decipher Tenancy Agreement
WHAT IS THIS COURSE ABOUT?
The real estate market is constantly going through a state of rapid changes. It is therefore important for those who are involved in the real estate business to always keep up to pace with these dynamics and to have a deep understanding on the issues relating to the landlord and tenant relationship so as to avoid potential pitfalls.
This course provides a comprehensive understanding from a practical perspective concerning the landlord-tenant relationship; highlighting common problems that arise in tenancy agreements through case studies.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS COURSE:
– The different types of leases and their implications.
– How to draft comprehensible and effective tenancy agreements and leases.
– Common methods of termination of tenancy agreements.
– Identify and resolve common problems encountered in tenancy agreements and leases.
– How to effectively manage termination of tenancy agreements and leases.
– How to prepare for litigation if all other options fail.
– What to expect in a litigation suit.
– Case studies.
- Updates on laws governing leases and tenancies in SIngapore
- Common types of tenancy agreements
- Definition of tenancy agreement
- Important clauses in tenancy agreements
2. Managing termination of leases and tenancy agreement
- Termination of leases and leases by effluxion of time, notice to quit by either party, surrender of the term by the tenant/lessee, forfeiture of the tenancy or lease
- Issues arising from termination of tenancy agreements and leases
- Breaches of tenancy agreements or lease
- Waiver of tenant/lessee's breaches by landlord/lessor
- Relief against forfeiture
- Recovering possession of the premises
- Recovering arrears of rentals
3. Common problems in tenancy agreements
- Misrepresentations and inducements into signing tenancy agreements
- Difference between a letter of intent and tenancy agreement
- Stamp fee and agent's commission - who is liable to pay
- Implications of security deposits
- Types of common problems in tenancy agreements from landlord's perspective
- Types of common problems in tenancy agreements from tenant's perspective
4. Preparation for litigation
- How to manage and resolve these common problems, minimize the occurrence of breach and avoid litigation
- How to prepare for litigation if the problem cannot be amicably settled
- Factors to consider for litigation and what to expect in a law suit
- A note on mediation
*Lunch not provided
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE:
• Real Estate Professionals
• Property Developers
• In-house legal counsels
• Relocation Professionals
• Contract Managers
ABOUT YOUR TRAINER - PATRICK TAN
Patrick is the Founder and CEO of Fortis Law Corporation. Patrick specialises in commercial litigation and dispute resolution, wealth and legacy management, and real estate. He is an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore, a Commissioner for Oaths, a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, as well as an accredited mediator with the State Courts of Singapore and the Singapore Mediation Centre.
Patrick is a highly sought after seminar speaker on real estate-related matters and wealth and legacy management by a plethora of organisations ranging from multinational corporations and governmental bodies to charities and social welfare agencies. Patrick speaks fluent English, Mandarin, Hokkien and Cantonese.
Regular Fee: SGD 250
Once we have received your reservation, the seat(s) are confirmed. No refunds will be provided for any cancellations.
However, substitution with a qualified candidate is allowed by providing at least 5 working days of advance notice. A one time substitution is allowed with no charges. Subsequent substitutions will be charged 10% admin fee.
THINGS TO NOTE:
1. We require a minimum class of 20 participants to proceed with this course
2. An alternative venue may be used instead of 80 Raffles Place UOB Plaza 1 #35-02 SIngapore 048624
In the event that there is insufficient participants, Fortis Academy reserves the right to reschedule the class. Under such circumstances where there is a reschedule of class or a change in venue, we will inform you no later than 3 days before the course.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Pls contact Joshua at 65358100/92352760 joshua ! leow | fortisacademy ! sg
Also check out other Workshops in Singapore, Entertainment Events in Singapore, Parties in Singapore.
Liked this event? Spread the word :