Grade: 4+ (w support vehicle)
terrain: tarmac (rolling hills, hot weather)
distance: 110km (bridge to bridge)
cycling pace: 25-30km/hr (or own pace)
Itinerary Overview (subjected to minor changes):
Meet & gather at Harborfront for early ferry out.
# 0750hrs departure
Arrive at Sekupang ferry terminal.
Load up your spares or bags onto the support van and truck for our transfers to the 1st bridge. (the traffic is busy and we have decided to bypass all these unpleasant section). Start cycling before 1st bridge.
# From the 1st bridge here, it is a rolling 55km to the end of the road on Galang baru island.
lunch will be at a local kelong restaurant at end of road. our support van will be following behind us 100% of the time.
# After lunch and refill, we will continue the same journey back to the jetty for our return journey (est. 3pm)
# 1830hrs evening ferry back to Harbourfront after dinner at Batam centre.
cost: $150/ pax (based on min 8pax)
1) returned ferry tickets (Harbourfront)
2) bike clearance and customs clearing
2) 1 seafood lunch at kelong
3) support vehicle & truck transfers to jetty
4) water/100plus/bananas during ride
5) shower & swim facilities at a resort with light dinner
6) trip leader
7) trip prep n briefing via Whatsapp