12 Days of Christmas Challenge
Homeless Joe's was started by Joe Bohannon, a local business owner and member of the Bullitt County Housing First Board. Joe owns and operates both A Plus Signs and Screen Printing and a small store designed to give back to the community called The Gr8ter Goods.
The idea behind the 12 Days of Christmas is for the community to rally behind Joe and those who join him. This challenge is to experience living for 12 days exactly as our homeless. All participants will live with practically nothing other than a camp fire, a sleeping bag, and basic necessities. Participants will of course be allowed to come and go to take care of their responsibilities but will spend at least 12 hours a day (including sleeping) just as our homeless do each night. We are joining together to do this to raise awareness, gather much needed supplies for our existing organizations, and to build a center for the homeless population of Bullitt County.
This challenge will be held from the December 10 -21st in Shepherdsville City Park in conjunction with Light Up Shepherdsville. The nights of the 14th and 15th will be the
night we invite our partners to join us for two nights of challenge. This is not to be taken lightly as it is sure to be cold, you you choose to participate please be capable and prepared for the element.
Please join us by donating either physical goods or money to help us make this a success. The list to the left describes the items we are collecting and to where those items will be given. Please feel free to bring any type of listed item on any day and we will see to it that everything is distributed to the proper groups. Thank you for your time and consideration. Joe
JOE'S CHRISTMAS LIST: (BOTH ADULT AND CHILDREN ITEMS ARE ACCEPTED)
1. Coats/Headwear (Benefiting H.O.P.E. and our Homeless)
2. Food/Can Goods (BCPS FRC, Shepherds Pantry & Turnaround)
3. Toiletries (Benefiting H.O.P.E. and Turnaround)
4. First-Aide Kits (Benefiting H.O.P.E. & Room in the Inn)
5. Shoes (Benefiting H.O.P.E. and Turnaround)
6. Socks, underwear, gloves (Benefiting H.O.P.E. and Turnaround)
7. Formula/Baby Items (Benefiting New Hope Pregnancy)
8. Blankets (Benefiting Room in the Inn)
9. Gas Cards (Benefiting Room in the Inn)
10. Dog/Cat Food? (Benefiting Bullitt County Animal Shelter)
11. Bibles/Letters of Encouragement (Given to our Homeless)
12. Monetary Donations (Benefiting Bullitt County Housing First)
Public Drop-off point will be announced as they become available:
A Plus Signs and Screen Printing (Shepherdsville) 1795 Hwy 44E
Milburn HVAC (Mt. Washington) 143 Apollo Drive
Champions Popcorn (Hillview) 1679 Old Preston Hwy N Suite #10
Turnaround Center (Lebanon Junction) 11980 S Preston Hwy
If you are interested in becoming a drop-off point please contact us!
Also check out other New Year 2019 Events in Shepherdsville, Nonprofit Events in Shepherdsville.
Liked this event? Spread the word :