Exclusive Wildlife Photography Camp - Ranthambhore, Nov 2019
Situated at the junction of the Aravalli and Vindhya hill range, Ranthambore National Park is one of the best Tiger Reserves of the country. The park covers an area of Approximately 400 sq Km. The forest was declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1957. Project Tiger was initiated in the year 1974 and finally it was declared a National Park in 1981. The moment you step in Sawai Madhopur, you start getting the feel of the ancient times. The Ranthambore fort, after which the park is named, carries you to the ages of the Maharajas. Ruins of the bygone years scattered all over the forest, keeps reminding you of a mixed flavour of nature, history and wildlife. Tigers at Ranthambore are fearless. They are known to even hunt in full view of human visitors. Amazing Rajasthani food, ruins of history, a dry rocky forest, the unique kind of jeep or canter safaris and the wild encounters - everything makes Ranthambore different from others.
Scheduled dates: 29th November - 1st December 2019 (2 nights 3 days)
2 Full Day and 1 Regular safaris
Arrive at Sawai Madhopur Station. Our representative will be ready to pick you up from the station. Those who are travelling by air, nearest airport is at Jaipur, which is approximately 162 km and can be covered in 3 hours by road. Innova or equivalent vehicle can be arranged at an additional cost for convenient pick up and drop. On arrival at the resort, you will be allotted your rooms. You are advised to take some rest and meet the team in common area at around 11:00 am. We will have an introduction session to get familiar with co-participants and some informal discussion about photography, gears to use etc. and prepare to go on our firsy safari by 12pm. We will be carrying packed lunch to be taken inside the park. We come back to the resort by evening and have tea and refreshments. Spend the evening discussing the day’s experience and sharing the photographs. Charge batteries and keep the memory cards clear!! Enjoy dinner and go early to bed, as the forest will reopen tomorrow with some great surprises !!!
Wake up call at 5am and we all will gather at dining area for morning tea/coffee.. While the two Jeeps are being loaded with foodstuff needed for the day, we will sip on the hot tea /coffee. At the stroke of 6am, we will embark upon one unforgettable journey... Our group leader and veteran naturalist will decide the plan of action for the day. Tiger sighting is a matter of luck but we have the entire jungle at our disposal, with no zone restriction for the whole day, so the search should fetch us some brilliant sighting. Have you ever imagined having breakfast in middle of the dense forest and that too in Tiger's den.. this is the day when you will experience this awesome moment. The search will resume once the breakfast is over. Lunch will be delivered to us at the gate and we will resume our search after a short break post lunch. Once we return to the resort, discuss the sighting and experience over the tea & coffee, arranged in beautiful lawn of the resort. Get freshen up and gather in dining hall, where our panel experts will review your images clicked during the day.. Learn some more tips and tricks for betterment along with some key elements of post processing. Enjoy your dinner and go early to bed, as you have had a tiring day.
The final day with Tigers..
We will gather at dining area for morning Tea /Coffee at 5:30AM. With earlier day’s experience and lot of pre-conceived images we will hit the tiger land once again. There are many advantages of a full day safari as you utilize your time in the jungle to the fullest. You have enough time to concentrate on the entire Flora-fauna of the forest. Healthy technical discussion with our group leaders will help you learn while on the field and many more. We will spend the time in exploring many corners of the forest in search of tiger as well as many other species that reside in this beautiful jungle. Depending on the sighting we will decide the place for having our breakfast. After lunch we will resume our safari as the previous day. We will return back to hotel in the evening with some great experience of the entire day.
The safari will end at 6:00 pm and so does our expedition. We will return to resort with some unforgettable memories and some stunning images to share. We will bid adieu to the forest and return to resort and get ready to check out. Our expedition ends here and we return back with loads of memories and a silent promise to visit the magical land of tigers again!!
Things to carry
1. Telephoto lenses – preferably above 400 mm, Wide angle lens. Being a full day expedition, carrying two set of bodies will be advisable.
2. Carry fully charged batteries for your camera / flash.
3. Carry battery charger. Carry extra pack of camera batteries.
4. Carry backup memory cards / HDD storage drives, Laptop.
5. Carrying a Tripod is optional.
6. Carry a big towel / cloth to protect your gear from dust.
7. Carry a big cloth / bandanna / scarf to protect you from dust.
8. Warm clothes, gloves for the chilly early mornings.
9. Sun screens lotions are very important.
10. It is advisable to carry basic first aid along with you along with your daily course of medicines (if any)
11. Please carry suitable mosquito repellants to keep you protected from mosquito bites.
12. Carry a pair of good binoculars.
13. Bean Bag
Do not worry if you don’t own any advance camera / super-telephoto lens as we now have an equipment support division. Equipment is available on rental - please mail us at cmVudGFscyB8IGRjcGV4cGVkaXRpb25zICEgY29t.
On field learning from the experts is said to be one of the best methods of improving your skillsets. Our Wildlife Photography Expert will hand hold you at every possible step for a better understanding of perspectives, camera controls and how to make use of the best opportunities to get better images. The training will focus on the following
How to approach Wildlife in the field
Different modes of shooting (Av / A, Tv / S, M and P)
Exposure control in field under difficult light conditions
Mastering metering techniques (Spot, partial, center weighted, evaluative)
Mastering auto focus, focusing points, AF locking and focus tracking for moving subjects
How to get sharp images of moving subjects
Framing and composition in the field
Ethics in Wildlife Photography
Image processing workshop
To maximize and complete your photographic learning, join our evening session of informal discussions on digital image processing. Our Expert will work on few of his own images or a few of yours (which you have clicked during the day) and demonstrate various techniques of image processing to give a final shape to your artwork. The following will be discussed
RAW files processing
Histogram and exposure control
Colour correction methods
Cropping and image resizing
Sharpening, cloning, dodging and burning
Soumabrata Moulick is a passionate wildlife photographer and nature enthusiast. Primarily interested in behavioral and conservation photography, he believes that knowledge should be shared with no holds barred and has a flair for teaching. An engineer by profession, he devotes all of his non-office hours to the observation, study and documentation of nature and wildlife. His work has been published and acknowledged in various national and international media platforms. He aspires to become a full-time conservation photographer and contribute towards the conservation of fast vanishing natural wonders. He is associated with DCP Expeditions as a Panel Expert, Team Mumbai.
Package Cost: INR 66000 (Inclusive of taxes Ex Sawai Madhopur)
*To know charges for foreign nationals please write to aW5mbyB8IGRjcGV4cGVkaXRpb25zICEgY29t
1. Accommodation in super deluxe AC room on twin sharing basis in Resort for 3N/4D
2. Veg and non-veg breakfast, lunch and dinner during the stay
3. 2 Full Day Zone Free Safaries and 1 Regular Safaries in Ranthamhore Tiger Reserve, with permission to access all tourism zone of the forest (Zone 1 to 10)
4. 2 exclusive jeeps, with 4 participants in a jeep.
5. One round Pick up and drop from Sawai Madhopur station
6. All park charges, entry fee etc.
7. DCP photography expert for 3 days.
8. All Taxes and service charges.
Cost does not include:
1. Travel costs to Sawai Madhopur
2. Jaipur Airport Pick up and Drop
3. All expenses of personal nature- additional meals, bottled water, Soft Drinks, Laundry Charges, Phone Calls etc
4. Any kind of insurance, Medical or/and Emergency Charges.
5. Any payable tips and Gratuities to Guide, Driver and hotel staff etc
6. Anything which is not part of inclusions above
All cancellations before 30 days of the event date - 100% refund
All cancellations between 20 - 30 days of the event date - 50% refund
All cancellations within 20 days of the event date - No refund possible
Please take a note that sighting of a Tiger and / or a good photography opportunity to capture it in an ideal frame is a matter of luck. Though the possibility of sighting is high but it can never be guaranteed in the wild.
You may also like the following events from DCP Expeditions LLP:
- This Sunday, 22nd September, 05:00 pm, Seascape Photography Workshop - Mumbai, September 2019 in Mumbai
- Next Saturday, 28th September, 08:00 am, Guided Photography Tour - Heritage City, Ahmedabad in Ahmedabad
- Next month, 6th October, 10:00 am, Product Photography Workshop, October 2019 in Mumbai