Hazloc Consultants and Training, 18 Mars Street, 1947 Sasolburg, South Africa, Sasolburg, South Africa
Master Installation Electrician (MIE) Unit Standard Training
After successful completion of the course and passing a written examination and submission of portfolio of evidence and practical assessment, the delegate will receive documentary proof of successful completion of Unit Standard 13821 - Test and inspect an electrical installation in a hazardous area & Unit Standard 13684 - Issue certificate of compliance for an electrical installation in a hazardous area of the relevant assessments as required by the Energy Sector Education and Training Authority (EWSETA).
This is a requirement from EWSETA as per the specific outcomes of the unit standards which has been accepted by the Department of Employment and Labour as a prerequisite.
The assessment for competence as required will be conducted after you have collected all evidence in your Portfolio of Evidence.
The assessment process will include the following:-
- Evaluation of inspection and testing tests conducted by delegate (COC’s as part of Portfolio of Evidence)
- A knowledge evaluation of applicable codes or standards (Written Examination).
- An onsite assessment on a simulation rigs to establish competence in inspection and testing and evidence recording for Portfolio of Evidence.
- The completion of the supporting documentation of the on-site assessment Portfolio of Evidence.
- Completion of a Certificate of Compliance for Portfolio of Evidence.
- Feedback, Certification and EWSETA Letter of Completion of Unit Standard.