Those involved in operating / process, design, specification, installation, commissioning, maintenance and/or documentation of Industrial Instrumentation, control and electrical systems, mechanical and safety should attend the course.
This one day course gives the delegate introduction / refresher training regarding the principles of explosion protection with reference to national / international standards:
• SANS 10108; SANS IEC 60079-10-1; SANS IEC 60079-10-2; SANS IEC 60079-14 and SANS IEC 60079-17
After attendance of this course, the delegate will be able to:
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the basic hazards associated with the formation of flammable atmospheres, gases, vapors, mists and dust clouds in hazardous locations.
- Understanding the principles of classifying hazardous location
- Explain the hazardous location
- Understand safety and operational aspects of hazardous locations
- Implement a Hazardous Area Management System