We hope everyone is doing well. It is time for our 27th annual San Francisco Chinese New Year Street Fair! Last year, we had a lot of fun and it was very successful. This year, it's going to be bigger and better and we need awesome volunteers!
Please read all the information. It is very important.
If you may have any questions, please contact us by messaging any of the admins directly or email: sfcnystreetfair | gmail ! com
Join our new group! Pictures and future events will be posted there!
If you have any friends who are interested in volunteering, please invite them to this event page!
As everyone knows, there are two fairs, the Flower fair and the Community fair.
Volunteers are expected to show up at 7:30 AM – 8:00AM on all four days of the fair. The hours of the fair are:
The Flower Fair
January 21st, 2017 – 7:30am to 8:00pm
January 22nd, 2017 – 7:30am to 6:00pm
The Community Fair
February 11th, 2017 – 7:30am to 5:30pm
February 12th, 2017 – 7:30am to 6:00pm
Volunteers are expected to stay a little after the fair each day to assist in clean up, security and break down.
To sign up as a volunteer for the fair, please email sfcnystreetfair | gmail ! com
with the following information:
Have you volunteered before? If yes, how many years:
We are also recruiting for new leaders and volunteers for special events year round. If you're interested in either, please let us know as well in the email!
After you have sent us this information, you will receive an email confirming that you are signed up and when it comes closer to the fair, one of our leaders will call you to reconfirm.
Signups are opened to High School and College students. Space is limited so if you really want to volunteer, sign up early to reserve your spot!
Please sign in at the intersection of Grant and Jackson. Please make sure to bring a school ID and dress comfortably. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE YOUR SCHOOL ID, WE CANNOT SIGN YOU IN.
Information regarding the street fair:
- BRING YOUR SCHOOL ID (NO ID, NO SIGN IN)
- Eat and drink before signing in so you will have energy.
- Due to multiple incidents of volunteers leaving with the jackets and never returning back on volunteering days, it is mandatory for ALL volunteers to return their jackets at the end of each day. All jackets will have your name tag on it and will be returned to you on the next day of the fair.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and warm clothes (you will be standing/walking a lot, keep yourself warm from the unpredictable SF weather)
- Your professionalism is required.
- Please assist and help your team leader/assistant and Command. We are here to help each other to provide a safe and fun environment for everyone.
- If you need a bathroom break or anything, please inform your team leader or assistant first before wandering off.
- If there are any incidents or emergencies during the fair, please report to your team leader/assistant and they will give your further instructions.
- There are going to be four team leaders during the fair. You will meet them during the fair. We are super friendly people and we are here to make sure you have a good time. At the same time, do not forget that you are here to volunteer.
-Lunch will be served on all days of the fair. Dinner will most likely be served during the first fair.
While volunteering, you may meet new people and create new friendships. We try to make the fair fun for everyone but there are some things you should not do when you are volunteering. Things that you would not do in front of your parents shall not be done at the street fair when you're on duty. There are many photographers, journalists and others that are going to be at the fair so being on your best behavior is crucial. If we see anyone misbehaving during when they are volunteering, we will be forced to take your jacket and not let you volunteer. You are here to volunteer at the street fair representing Chinese Chamber of Commerce of San Francisco, we do not want to portray a negative image of the organization. We're here to provide a fun and safe event to you and the public community; also to help you develop your social skills and leadership skills for the real world.
-We Would like to emphasize that we have a ZERO TOLERANCE on fooling around, kissing, hugging, holding hands and sitting on each other's laps.
- Fighting is strictly prohibited and anyone who is in a fight will be escorted out of the fairgrounds.
- Please keep inappropriate language to a minimum.
- Electronics are NOT allowed during volunteering time. (PSP's, IPODS, MP3's, Zune's, Nintendo DS, CD Players, IPads, Tablets, speakers etc.)
- Listening to music is not allowed (for everyone's safety in case of an emergency)
-Throwing objects are not allowed.
-Bikes, scooters and skateboards are not allowed during volunteering hours and on the fairgrounds
-Weapons including firearms, knives, and bats are not allowed. Please leave them all at home :)
-Theft is not allowed.
For more information regarding the fair, feel free to message the admins or post a question on the wall
Flower Fair: http://www.chineseparade.com/parade_events.asp?pEvent=flower_fair
Community Fair: http://www.chineseparade.com/parade_events.asp?pEvent=community_fair
Email: sfcnystreetfair | gmail ! com
Thank you everyone for your support and kindness, we're looking forward to seeing you at the fair!
Also check out other Festivals in San Francisco