On the Steps at SDMA: The Golden Age of Spain
Free Admission! Celebrate the Museum’s summer exhibition "Art and Empire: The Golden Age of Spain" with this community event highlighting Spanish arts and culture. The Museum will offer free admission ?, including entry to "Art and Empire: The Golden Age of Spain" from 5:00–8:00 p.m. this day only! Enjoy hands-on art-making activities, live music and dance performances, and learn about how the Spanish empire influenced the exchange of culture throughout the world.
- 5:30 p.m. Flamenco duo with Ricardo Diaz and Oscar Valero
- 6:15 p.m. Carlos Villatoro and Flamenco Sur Dance Co.
- 7:00 p.m. Lakshmi Basile La Chimi Flamenco in San Diego and company – Pilar Moreno, Oscar Valero, Juan Moro, Ricardo Diaz and Flamenco Sur Dance Co.
- 7:30 p.m. Persian/Flamenco dance by Sabor India Andaluz
Mika de la Cruz (Mika de la Cruz Imaging Solutions LLC)
- Get hands-on with art in our family-friendly art activities led by SDMA Museum Educators
- Learn more about the House of Spain San Diego
The evening will conclude with a screening of Spanish filmmaker Pedro Almodóvar’s "Volver" at 8:00 p.m. (separate ticketed admission required). Film screening tickets are $5-10. Go to Film Screening: Volver to learn more.
You may also like the following events from San Diego Museum of Art: