Mutts at Maymont is an exclusive night for you and your trusted canine companion(s)! Maymont invites all well-behaved, leashed dogs and their humans to walk our Pup Path during special limited hours.
There will be food trucks for people and pooches, beverages and live music for an enjoyable summer evening- all to benefit Maymont.
Tickets are $10 per dog; humans are free but need to register to attend. In the event of cancellation, tickets will be honored at future Mutts at Maymont events.
Mutts at Maymont Etiquette & Safety
We ask that all guests (2- and 4-legged) abide by the following rules:
- All dogs must be on a non-retractable leash at all times. No exceptions. An adult must maintain control of the dog’s leash. For safety reasons, retractable leashes are not permitted. Complimentary loaner leashes will be provided at entry, to be returned to Maymont at the exit.
- Pups and owners are only allowed on the designated Pup Path and Carriage House Lawn at all times. Maymont is home to native wildlife and farm animals, and the Pup Path is carefully designed to maintain the safety of our residents and your pup.
- Dogs must be at least 4 months old and up to date on age appropriate vaccinations, including rabies, distemper and bordetella.
- Please respect Maymont’s gardens and arboretum by cleaning up after your pooch. You are responsible for your dog’s waste. A plastic bag will be provided to each guest at entry, and ample trash cans are available along the Pup Path.
Maymont reserves the right to determine whether an owner and dog may be asked to leave. Any owner/dog in violation of the stated rules and/or dog displaying disruptive or unsafe behavior will be asked to leave. Money will not be refunded.
- For everyone’s safety, we ask that you maintain a social distance of at least six feet from other guests and their pooches at all times.
- Masks are encouraged when waiting in lines or when social distancing is not possible. Six feet of social distance must be maintained.
- If you must pass another canine, please ask before approaching or allowing your dog to approach an unfamiliar dog.
- All mutts must be well-behaved. Before attending, please consider whether your pup enjoys new environments. Mutts @ Maymont is intended to be an enjoyable evening for you and your canine companion, but events like this can be stressful for some. How does your dog react to unfamiliar scents, people, and pooches? Are you comfortable walking your dog around children, strangers, and other dogs?
Each dog owner is responsible for their own dog. If your dog causes damage to any person or property, you will be held responsible.
BEFORE YOU VISIT:
Please review the following checklist with all members of your party on the day of your visit. If you or any member of your group show any of the following symptoms, you must reschedule your day and time.
-Feeling feverish or having an elevated measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit
-A new or worsening cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition
-A new sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition
-New chills that cannot be attributed to another health condition
-New shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition
-New muscle aches that cannot be attributed to another health condition or specific activity
-Having had any close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days