** UPDATE **
Wizard & Wand is almost upon us! The doors to check-in and registration open at 3pm. You MUST report to Isaac Hunter's Tavern (414 Fayetteville Street) to check-in so we can give you your wristband, and important wizardly materials.
You may arrive any time between 3pm and 9pm, but we STRONGLY recommend you come as close to 3pm as possible so you may enjoy all the festivities.
This is a choose-your-own adventure bar crawl. Visit as many of the venues list below as you'd like, or visit all of them!
Visit bit.ly/wizardandwand for the
Live Marauder’s Map
- Mad Eye Medford
"We could all have been killed - or worse, expelled." - Hermione
Calling all wizards, magic is coming to Downtown Raleigh for Wizard & Wand: The Great Harry Potter Festival. Swoop past the lines and follow in Harry’s footsteps down Fayetteville Street to enjoy drink specials at the wizarding world’s most famous establishments. Wander through the corridors of Hogwarts (a.k.a. Isaac Hunter’s Tavern) to learn your school selection from the Sorting Hat and enjoy some famous Butterbeer.
Have a drink at The Leaky Coglins Cauldren, and then exit through the rear door to pay a visit to the shops of Diagon Alley.
The main event runs through 9pm, and then the AFTER PARTIES start!
Step inside a world where fantasy is real… reserve your tickets today!
For Immediate Release:
WINTER WEATHER WON'T STOP 5,000 HARRY POTTER FANS FROM BRINGING COSTUMES, REVELRY, AND A LITTLE ECONOMIC MAGIC TO DOWNTOWN RALEIGH SATURDAY, JANUARY 20, 2017
A FUN AND UNIQUE WAY TO CURE CABIN FEVER - SOME TICKETS REMAIN
WIZARD & WAND TO BECOME ANNUAL EVENT POTENTIALLY DRAWING TENS OF THOUSANDS WITH A MASSIVE ECONOMIC IMPACT
Raleigh, N.C. (January 18, 2018) -- Whether they can recite by memory every line of J.K. Rowling’s blockbuster book series or are just discovering the wizard world for the first time, fans from across North Carolina will gather for a day-long celebration of Harry Potter.
Despite the snow, organizers of WIZARD & WAND anticipate a sold-out crowd, with over 5,000 Harry Potter fans descending on Downtown Raleigh January 20, 2018. Attendees will enjoy music, magic, and revelry packed into one unforgettable Saturday including:
? Performances by wizard rock band The Blibbering Humdingers
⚡️ Magic by Harry Potter look-alike Shaun Jay
? Hidden treasures and surprises across sixteen Downtown Raleigh Festival sites.
✨ Trivia, shopkeepers, a silent auction, and contests
? Three after parties with the Triangle’s hottest DJs
?Transportation courtesy of The Great Raleigh Trolley
“The snow just adds to the magic,” said organizer Zack Medford. “Although this year’s event is open only to adults, we’re excited to work with the Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau to make this an annual multi-day festival for the entire family, with the potential of bringing tens of thousands of people and millions of dollars in economic impact to the Capital City.”
More information → www.wizardandwand.com
Your ticket includes:
All access wristband for entry into 14 of Raleigh’s hottest establishments
Custom Harry Potter Bar Crawl drink specials
Cauldron Crawler Cup
Complimentary Butterbeer sample at The Great Hall
Goblet of Fire welcome shot
Prolific Performance by Raleigh’s only Wizard Rock band: The Blibbering Humdingers
Great Crawl Photographer
Entry into the Crawl Costume Contest
Live DJs and nonstop dancing
Enter to win great prizes during Harry Potter Trivia at The Grand Hall
Find all 7 Horcruxes scattered across Downtown Raleigh
Up to $50 in free ride credits
And a few surprises
[DRESS CODE] You're a wizard now - soar above and dress the part!
Need ideas and recommendations? Check out the online magic shop at http://greatpotter.com
The Butterbeer will be flowing - this event is open only to adults 21 years of age and over. This event is a tribute to the greatest book series ever written but is not affiliated with JK Rowling or J. K. Rowling's Wizarding World.
Do I have to get there right at 3pm? NO, the day's activities begin at 3pm but you can register as late as 9pm at Isaac Hunter's Tavern (414 Fayetteville Street)
Do I need to print my ticket? YES PLEASE. We can look you up digitally but its much quicker if we can simply scan your ticket and get you checked in.
FESTIVAL VENUES & ACTIVITIES
KING’S CROSS STATION (opens at 3PM)
(Isaac Hunter’s Tavern - 414 Fayetteville St.)
· REGISTRATION (ends at 9PM)
· Fly over to the SWAG HUT to obtain wizardry charms and supplies (ends at 9PM)
· Is that Harry Potter or MAGICIAN Shaun Jay?
· DJ Mickey Slicks @ 7:30PM
· AFTER PARTY @ 10PM
THE LEAKY COGLIN’S CAULDRON & DIAGON ALLEY (opens at 3PM)
(Coglin’s Raleigh - 226 Fayetteville St.)
· Learn your school selection from the SORTING HAT (ends at 9PM)
· Whimsical VENDORS & shopkeepers
· FOOD TRUCK by Rare Earth Farms
· DJ Spineaus Black → 4PM til 2AM
· AFTER PARTY → 9:30PM til 2AM
THE GREAT HALL OF HOGWARTS (opens at 5PM)
(Market Hall - 215 Wolfe St.)
· Free BUTTERBEER sample → redeem at the Bar by showing your card (ends at 9PM)
· Available at The Three Broomsticks Bar
o LONERIDER and other beer specials
o Mad Eye Medford’s BUTTERBEER*
o Sir Mike’s APPLE FIZZY*
· WIZARD ROCK BAND - two performances by The Blibbering Humdingers @ 6PM & 8PM
· Harry Potter TRIVIA → $20 donation per team* (see reverse for details)
· Perform tremendous feats - purchase a handcrafted Master Wand from the Bar*
· Smile at the PHOTO BOOTH with the professional photographers
· SILENT AUCTION (ends at 8:30PM)
· Win $100 in the Wizard COSTUME CONTEST @ 9PM → must be present to win
· AFTER PARTY with DJ Handsome RonWeasley → 9:00PM til 12AM
* Proceeds of the sale of these items benefit the Wake-Raleigh Partnership to End and Prevent Homelessness - thank you for your support.
HORCRUX HUNT & BAR CRAWL
Swoop around Downtown to enjoy drink specials at the wizarding world’s most famous establishments. For a chance to WIN a Treasure Chest of Potter Treats... find all 7 Horcruxes scattered across:
· Isaac Hunter’s Tavern - 414 Fayetteville St. (Registration Site)
· Coglin’s Raleigh - 226 Fayetteville St.
· The Architect - 108 1/2 East Hargett St.
· Market Hall - 215 Wolfe St.
· Ruby Deluxe - 415 S. Salisbury St.
· Level Up - 126 S. Salisbury St.
· London Bridge Pub - 110 E. Hargett St.
· Big Easy - 222 Fayetteville St.
· Woody’s - 205 Wolfe St.
· Paddy O’Beers - 121 Fayetteville St.
· Sir Walter Coffee - 145 E. Davie St.
· Rare Earth Farms - Diagon Alley
· Jimmy V’s - 420 Fayetteville St.
· Pizza La Stella - 219 Fayetteville St.
· Oak City Meatball - 180 E. Davie St.
· Calavera - 444 S. Blount St.
Visit bit.ly/wizardandwand for the
Live Marauder’s Map
TO ENTER THE HORCRUX HUNT → Search the venues to find all 7 Signs of the Horcrux. Take a selfie with each and post it to social media using the hashtag #wizardandwand - the winner will be announced on the Wizard & Wand Facebook page.
Test your Harry Potter knowledge to win a special collector's edition of the entire book series. Play by yourself or gather a team. Trivia starts at Market Hall at 5PM and then again at 7PM. You’ll need a game card to play and it can be obtained from the attendant with a $20 donation to the Wake-Raleigh Partnership to End Homelessness.
Harry: How come the Muggles don’t hear the bus?
THE KNIGHT BUS runs from 3PM - 10:30PM between Festival Venues. Stops are listed on the Live Marauder’s Map. Show your WRISTBAND to board. Courtesy of The Great Raleigh Trolley
Don’t Drink and Drive
First time LYFT riders may redeem free LYFT CREDITS - use code: GREATCRAWL