Do you want to get notified when this event happens again?
Rohida is one of the prominent forts of history of Maharashtra. Built during the Yadava period, the fort stands tall at 1116 meters. The inscriptions on one of the entrances indicate that the fort was repaired by Mohammed Adilshah and in May 1656 it was conquered by Chhatrapati Shivaji. During the treaty of Purandar, in 1666 AD it was handed over to Mugals. Post Shivaji Maharaj Era, the fort was occupied by Pant Sachivs of Bhor and remained with them until independence.
There are three entrances to the fort on the route from Bajarwadi. The trekking route is a well trodden path and takes about 2 hours to climb. The top of the fort is a plateau which houses several cisterns along with plinths of several building. The Temple of Rohidmalla is the only standing building along with strong fortifications and bastions.
Shri Shiv Durga Samvardhan is doing a fabulous job of conservation of the fort.
Odyssey Type: One day
Difficulty Level: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Route: Pune – Bhor - Bajarwadi
Distance From Pune: 60 Kms
Altitude: 1110 mtrs ASL approx
05:30: Reporting at Rajaram Bridge Corner
06:00: Departure towards Base Village (Pick up Point: University Circle, Nashik Phata) – Breakfast on the way
09:00 arrival at Base Village
09:30 to 14:00 Trek
15:00 Departure towards Pune Tea & Snacks on the way
17:00 Expected Arrival at Pune
1) Water 2 liters or more
2) Good Rucksack with rain cover
3) Personal Medicines if any
4) ID Proof
5) Non disposable plate, spoon & bowl.
1) Dry foods like: Chikki, Chocolates and cakes etc.
2) Extra Pair of clothes & sleepers/ floaters
3) Rain protection / wind cheater/ cap / scarf as per the weather.
4) Hand Towel
5) Sunscreen lotion / face wash
6) Camera or Binoculars
1) Travel by a private non AC bus.
2) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner with high tea on Day One & Breakfast, Lunch & high tea on Day Two
3) Accommodation on Multi sharing basis.
4) Adventure Experts & Leaders
5) First aid kit.
6) Safety & Tested Equipments
7) Government Service Tax
8) Personal Entry, Toll & Parking etc
1) Personal orders of Tea, coffee, Cold Drinks, Mineral Water,
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, etc.
2) Personal expenditure of any kind.
3) Insurance Coverage.
4) Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
5) Any other charges not specifically mentioned in "Fee Includes"
You may also like the following events from Zenith Odyssey: