Do you want to get notified when this event happens again?
Irshalgad is not a fort. It is a mighty pinnacle near Khopoli on Mumbai Pune Highway. One needs to be proficient in rock climbing to reach the top of the pinnacle. One can reach up to hole in the mountain – Nedhe.
The cisterns indicate that it was probably used as watch tower. The mountain is not mentioned in the history. It was probably under Maratha rule for some time.
The trek till Nedhe is simple and demands medium endurance and takes about one and half hour. One can see 360 degree view from top of the pinnacle and Matheran, Malanggad etc can be seen with bare eyes.
Odyssey Type: One day
Difficulty Level: Easy
Endurance Level: Medium
Route: Pune – Khopoli – Chowk - Irshalwadi
Distance From Pune: 115 Kms
Region: Khopoli - Matheran
Altitude: 500 mtrs ASL approx
13 January 2019
05:30: Reporting at Rajaram Bridge Corner
06:00: Departure towards Base Village (Pick up Point: University Circle, Nashik Phata) – Breakfast on the way
09:30 arrival at Base Village
10:00 to 14:00 Trek
15:00 Departure towards Pune Tea & Snacks on the way
20:00 Expected Arrival at Pune
1) Water 2 liters or more
2) Good Rucksack with rain cover
3) Personal Medicines if any
4) ID Proof
5) Non disposable plate, spoon & bowl.
1) Dry foods like: Chikki, Chocolates and cakes etc.
2) Extra Pair of clothes & sleepers/ floaters
3) Rain protection / wind cheater/ cap / scarf as per the weather.
4) Hand Towel
5) Sunscreen lotion / face wash
6) Camera or Binoculars
1) Travel by a private non AC bus.
2) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner with high tea on Day One & Breakfast, Lunch & high tea on Day Two
3) Accommodation on Multi sharing basis.
4) Adventure Experts & Leaders
5) First aid kit.
6) Safety & Tested Equipments
7) Government Service Tax
8) Personal Entry, Toll & Parking etc
1) Personal orders of Tea, coffee, Cold Drinks, Mineral Water,
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, etc.
2) Personal expenditure of any kind.
3) Insurance Coverage.
4) Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
5) Any other charges not specifically mentioned in "Fee Includes"
You may also like the following events from Zenith Odyssey: