Gorakhgad is a easy trek that can be done in one day from both Pune and Mumbai. There isn't much significant history of the fort. The pinnacles were majorly used as watch towers which offer a wide view of surrounding area of Murbad and Naneghat. Gorakhgad has attracted trekkers all the time due the thick forests and rock climbing opportunities.
The top of the fort is small and houses a Mahadev Temple. There are caves and some ruins still telling stories of bygone era. Saint Gorakhnath performed penance here and hence the fort gets name Gorkhgad and the adjoining pinnacle is named as Machhchindragad.
Zenith Odysseys presents a one day trek to Gorakhgad on 22 January 2017.
Fees: Rs. 999/-
Duration: 1 Day
Difficulty Level: 2
• Transport in Non-AC Private Vehicle
• Morning Tea & Breakfast and Evening Tea & Snacks
• Adventure Experts & Leaders
• First aid kit.
• Safety & Tested Equipments.
• Government Service Tax.
• Personal orders of Tea, coffee, Cold Drinks, Mineral Water, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, etc.
• Personal expenditure of any kind.
• Insurance Coverage.
• Medical expenses other than “First aid”.
• Any other charges not specifically mentioned in "Fee Includes"
• Height: 650 mtrs
• Base Village: Dehri
• Distance from Pune: 165 kms
Reporting Time & Venue: 05:30 on Sunday 22 January 2017 at Nalstop
Departure Time: 06:00 on Sunday 22 January 2017
Expected Arrival Time: 21:00 on Sunday 22 January 2017
Time Required for Trekking: 5 Hours
What to Bring: Water Bottles with at least 2 ltrs water, Good backpack with rain cover, Glucon-D / Electrol, Newspaper, personal medicines if any, a Napkin, You may carry dry food like - fruits, dry fruits, chikki, chocolates, cakes etc, Extra Pair of clothes, ID proof is must.
Suggested Clothing: Good shoes, full Track Pants, T-Shirts and a Cap
Booking & Payment information: Seats reservation will be done on first come first basis. Confirmation by phone is required to confirm participation.
For registration kindly transfer fees to the given a/c
Bank Name : HDFC Bank
Branch : Hingne Khurd
IFSC / RTGS : HDFC0000825
A/C Name : Zenith Odysseys
A/C Type : Current Account
A/c Number : 50200005722253
Once payment is done, please send an email to Zenith ! Odysseys | gmail ! com
with Transaction ID, Participant Name, Email ID, Contact mobile number. Kindly note Trek date and venue in subject of email.
1. Please note; this is a trek and not a picnic.
2. Please bear in mind that your safety is responsibility of both the organizers and yourself. The organizers cannot take blame for your actions beyond the instructions of the trek leaders and organizers.
3. Also, this is a group event, feel free to socialize. Whatever the journey is, it's not only the destination that matters, but the person with whom you travel.
4. Kindly avoid denims (Jeans), capris, hot pants, shorts & Bermudas for inconvenience in Walking / Climbing.
1. The leader’s decision will be final and all the members shall abide by it.
2. Littering not allowed for any reason.
3. Smoking and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited.
4. Please avoid wearing Gold and other jewelry.
5. Carry only back packs. Absolutely no for any type of fancy bags.
+91- 97643 84221 | +91 – 90281 63088
Anand Nagar Sinhgad Road Pune 411051
| info | Zenithodysseys ! com
You may also like the following events from Zenith Odyssey
Also check out other Trips & Adventurous Activities in Pune