Hello सह्याद्री lovers.
ध्यास_सह्याद्री presents "Trek to Enigmatic Bhimashankar ascend via Ladder Route (शिडी घाट) and descend via Ganesh Ghat Route"⛰
Bhimashankar is an ideal place to go if you like to be in natures company.
It is one of the 5 Jyotirlingas in Maharashtra. In all there are 12 Jyotirlingas in the country. Though Bhimashankar has religious importance, it is place worth visiting for all nature lovers.
Trek to Bhimashankar is known to be one of the best treks in Sahyadri ranges and It has Two Routes to climb from Karjat Region. First One is Ganesh Ghat a simple One & second is ascending via Shidi ghat (Ladder route) Little Adventurous & Steep Walk.
It is a tough route but well defined one through steep climbs up and down, crossing Streams, waterfalls deep into the forests, climbing rocks and of-course ladders affixed into rock faces. One can surely enjoy this Adventurous trek in Monsoon.
When: 23rd Feb 2019 (Saturday) leaving Friday night
Fort Elevation: 3296 ft
Temple of Lord Shiva which is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India
A big size bell in Hemadpanthi structure: - Built by Nana Phadanavis is also a feature of Bhimashankar.
Gupt Bhimashankar, Origin of River Bhima
A rare animal "Shekru" can be found in deep woods.
Bhimashankar is worth visiting for jungle lovers and trekkers as well as for pilgrims.
From Pune ₹ 699/- only (per person)
Sharp 02:00 am on 23rd Feb 2019
Catch Karjat slow local train leaving CST at 23:30. You can catch the train on from the stops on the way.
Catch Pandharpur Passenger (51028) leaving 23:00 or Sainagar Shirdi Passenger (51034) leaving Pune station by 22:55. You can catch the train on from the stops on the way.
Reach Karjat by 7:00 pm on 23rd Feb 2019
Reach Pune by 10:00 pm 23rd Feb 2019
Reach Mumbai by 9:00 pm 23rd Feb 2019
~What we'll give/What we won't:
~To & from travel Karjat/Neral to base village
~Breakfast ? + tea
~Forest entry fees
~Dhyas_Sahyadri charges if any
~Basic First Aid ??
~Anything that is not mentioned in the includes section, extra items purchased by individual
~Book seat for you and your family/friends immediately!!
☎️ Contact following trek leaders to confirm your seats:
1. Nikhil Kokate: 93091 87676
2. Chinmay Gurav: 8830452137/ 8796162539
3. Rutvik Marathe: 99133 05257
4. Rohan Jalgaonkar: 98348 15025
~Seats will be reserved only after payment on first come first serve basis only
~Fees paid are non-refundable but transferable on this same event.
~?️ Last date of enrollment: 20th Feb, 2019
2 simple steps to confirm your seat:
1. Fill this simple google form:
2. Send your contribution on the following details:
A. *Net banking*
Name: Chinmay Gurav
Bank Name: SBI
A/c no: 20216533344
IFSC Code: SBIN0017047
Godowli satara branch.
B. *Tez/ BHIM no:*
1. Seat will be confirmed only upon the completion of above two steps.
2. After completion of step no. 2, send a snapshot of the transaction done to any of the organisers.
If calls not attended, please send a SMS / message on WhatsApp noting your query. We'll call you back
Trek will be conducted with minimum 10 no. of trekkers if the number is not up to the mark then money will be refunded and trek will be cancelled.
Things to carry:
A big smile ?
Lunch for Saturday (must)
Identity proof (must)
2 liters of Water (must)
Good trekking shoes (must)
Torch with Extra batteries (must)
Please wear Full sleeves and Full Track Pant this will protect from Summer Sun / Thorns / Insects / Prickles
Please carry personal sleeping material (mat) or sleeping bags or two bedsheets (one for bedding and one for covering)
For hygiene reasons we don't provide sleeping bags. (For overnight trek)
Carry enough snacks
some ready to eat food like Plum cakes, biscuits, chikki, dry fruits, gul poli, boiled eggs, thepla, Paratha, etc. Avoid dried and salty items
DRY bag for your garbage
Cap, Rain cheater, poncho (Optional) for those who don't want to get wet (in monsoon)
Towel, Napkins, Extra Pair of clothes
Camera, Binoculars (Optional)
Electoral or Glucon D powder or ORS
Personal basic medical kit (Containing an antiseptic, few bandages, personal medications if any, etc.)
Please do not carry sling bags or Jholas. A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has hands free while trekking.
1. Smoking, drinking alcohol, chewing tobacco is strictly prohibited throughout the trip.
2. These forests and environment are symbol of pride for all of us. Hence, no littering of trash.
3. No Risky Selfies are allowed. Organisers reserve the right to decide which act/ photo pose is risky.
4. Listening to Music on speakers is not allowed as it disturbs the nearby ecosystem.
5. Sleeveless, low neck, figure hugging shirts / tops, short pants, hot pants not allowed.
6. Trekking is specialist activity do not consider this as picnic.
7. Feeding to wild animals is prohibited
Terms and conditions:
1. I am willfully coming to the trek organised by "Dhyas Sahyadri"; "Dhyas Sahyadri" and its organisers shall not be responsible for any mishap, injury during entire trip. Also, they are not responsible for loss of my personal belongings.
2. I promise not to smoke, chew tobacco, drink alcohol during entire trip.
3. Organisers retain the authority to change, cancel the plan at any point of time and even without any prior notice.
4. Trek leader’s decision will be final and binding.
5. Telephonic confirmation is mandatory, if unable to contact us, please send us a text message.
6. Any adventure sports is prone to risk and injuries
7. Climate/Weather is not in hands of anyone of us.
In case of natural calamity, if organizers decide to change or cancel the plan, I am ok with it.
8. First aid, only if required, can be provided by dhyas_sahyadri.
For fatal injuries if any, we can at max hospitalize the individual to the nearest hospital.
Its cost however, has to be borne by the individual.
9. We are not responsible for any kind of Loss or Damage done to an individual or their belongings.