Rajmachi Offroad Cycling
Offroad Biking from Lonavala to Rajmachi fort and back (30 km)
Day and Date : 09 Dec, 2018 (sunday)
Rajmachi (Udhewadi) : is a small village in the rugged mountains of Sahyadri in India. The fortification at Rajmachi consists of two forts, namely Shrivardhan fort and Manaranjan Fort. Rajmachi Fort is a popular trekking destination.It is a very famous fort located near two famous hills of Maharashtra, Lonavala and Khandala.
Purpose : The purpose of the expedition is to cycle through the most challenging terrain on mountain bikes. They will cover a distance of 30 km off-road biking in one day. Also after swimming this is the second best non-impact exercise in the world.
Duration : 1 day
Difficulty : Moderate (High endurance needed)
Distance is just 30 km but terrain is Hilly.
Reporting at Lonavala railway station (Pune) at 8 A.M.
How to Reach :
From Pune : Local train is the best option to reach Lonavala railway station. 6.30AM local train from Pune station will get you to Lonavala by 7.50AM.
From Mumbai : Indrayani express will bring you to Lonavala by 8 AM. Do not miss this train.
Carrying own cycle :
From Pune :
You can carry your cycle in the luggage compartment. Every local has 3 luggage compartments. Front, back and in the middle. A separate luggage ticket for cycle has to be purchased.
From Mumbai :
You can carry cycle till Karjat in local and then cycle till Lonavala(35 km). Carrying in own car will be less hectic.
Things to Carry :
• Sports shoes,
• 2 lit water bottle(compulsory),
• 3/4ths or cycling shorts or track bottoms,
• Cap and sunscreen lotion, camera(optional), sunglasses, Personal requirements for swimming and extra clothes if required.
Schedule of the Trail:
1. Reporting at Lonavala railway station by 8.00 a.m sharp.
2. 8:10 – 8:30 A.M:- Bicycle Distribution, briefing of the trail and gear shifting info.
3. Quick Breakfast and Refreshment distribution.
4. 9.00 AM : The trail begins from Lonavala railway station.
5. 12.00 PM : Reach Udhewadi and have veg lunch.
6. 12.00 – 2.00 pm : Take rest, gossips, Swim in the pond named as udaysagar lake near Godhaneshwar temple. Explore the village.
8. 2.30 pm : Start return ride to Lonavala.
9. 5.30 pm : Reach Lonavala and the trail ends.
· MTB’s with Helmets (if opted for rented cycle)
· Backup vehicle support (tempo), Biker
· First Aid if required, E- certificate on completion.
· 1 Breakfast, 1 snack, Refreshments and energy drink for the ride
· 1 lunch
Exclusions : Anything which is not described in above section will not be provided, personal orders, mineral water, tea/coffee.
Trail Ticket :
1. 1500 per cyclist with rented bicycle and helmet.
2. 900 per cyclist with own bicycle and helmet.
3. 5% off for group bookings of 3 and above.
Backup Vehicle for luggage :
extra luggage of participants will be carried in a backup vehicle
Who can participate :
All cycling enthusiasts. This being an offroad trail see to it that you have enough practice and good stamina built before the event.
How to participate :
You can transfer online by using UPI / TEZ / NEFT.
TEZ : 9028280766 (Please specify your name in comment section)
UPI : 9028280766@upi
NEFT : Please call for details.
Security Deposit for rented cycle :
A refundable deposit amount of 1000 per cyclists plus ID proof photo copy has to be submitted before the trail begins. The same will be returned at the end of the trail.
Cancellation Policy : No Refund 5 days prior to the event. Full refund before 5 days.
Please follow the timings given and we will make sure that nothing is missed from the decided plan.
Cycle safety & discipline
The cycles given are to be kept safe. Any damage/theft of cycles or helmets due to negligence of participant, the cost will be borne by the participant.
Behavior during camp
Participants are expected to behave cordially with each other. Smoking and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited. Please make sure a person’s behavior does not prove to be a discomfort for others.
Disclaimer - The participants will participate at their own risk and the organizers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trail.
Deepti Dhondge : 8237873592
Saideep Dhondge : 9028280766/ ZGhvbmRnZXNhaWRlZXAgfCBnbWFpbCAhIGNvbQ== / cGVkYWx0aGlyc3RhZHZlbnR1cmVzIHwgZ21haWwgISBjb20=
Also check out other Sports Events in Pune, Trips & Adventurous Activities in Pune, Nonprofit Events in Pune.
Liked this event? Spread the word :