Mahadji Shinde, also known as Mahadji Scindia with his ruling seat of Gwalior was one of the prominent Maratha sardars who fought for the Maratha Confederacy in the Battle of Panipat. The memorial, in the Wanowdi area of Pune, is a magnificent and exquisite monument dedicated to his memory. The architecture of the monument is an interesting amalgamation of many styles, motifs and symbols. Join us as we uncover the lesser known glorious stories of Maratha history. Travel back in time to understand why the memorial is a temple, what it resembles and how peculiar it is.
This guided tour is free.
Date: Sunday, 11 November 2018
Duration: 9:00 am to 11:00 am
Meeting Time: 8:45 am
Meeting Point: Outside main gate of Shinde Chhatri, Wanavdi, Pune
Walk led by Swapna Joshi
Things to keep in mind:
• Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.
Steps for registration:
1. Please like and share the page to register.
2. Fill the form to confirm your registration.
(Link to the registration form: https://bit.ly/2D9C0Xi
If you are unable to attend the walk after having
registered, please inform us over an email . Email: aWh3IHwgc2FoYXBlZGlhICEgb3Jn
Contact at: 9820917515 (Swapna)
1) Medium: Bilingual (English/Marathi)
2) Limited parking facilities are available at the meeting point.
Hence, we recommend that you use public transport.
3) Entry fees are to be borne by the participant (Rs. 10 per person).
4) Photography allowed.
5) Please wear comfortable shoes, and carry an umbrella, hat/cap
and a bottle of water.
6) Mandatory registration closes after 25 entries.