3 Days National Level Workshop “NGS Data Analysis: RNA & ChIPseq
Our 3 day comprehensive workshop on “NGS Data Analysis: RNA seq and ChIP seq Analysis" aims at providing systematic Hands-on-Training on using advanced Data Analysis application/tools. This workshop had been conceptualized by eminent scientist having substantial experience in the field of Data Analysis.
Introduction to Galaxy platform and walk through a multi-step next generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis, starting with quality control.
Review common choices in NGS data analysis, and demonstrate them within the context of Galaxy, taking full advantage of Galaxy's rich tool set and visualization capabilities.
Brief overview of what is needed to set up your own local Galaxy instance. Galaxy is an open-source, NIH-funded project.
• Introduction to sequencing technologies from a data analysts view
• Common NGS data analysis issues
• Applications of sequencing technologies
• Introduction to file formats (e.g. FASTQ, VCF, SAM, BAM) and databases (e.g. SRA, GEO, NCBI)
• Pre processing of raw reads: quality control (FastQC), adapter clipping, quality trimming
• Introduction to read mapping (Alignment methods, Mapping heuristics)
• Read mapping (BWA, Bowtie2, STAR)
• Usage of important NGS toolkits (samtools, BEDtools)
• Mapping statistics
• Visualization of mapped reads (IGV, UCSC)
• Understanding the transcriptome data and how its genenrated
• Analyzing the transcriptomic data to understand gene expression and differential gene expression
• Introduction to ChIP-seq analysis with Galaxy
• Understand the Next generation sequencing
• Discuss the advantages and limitations of the sequencing technologies
• Learn how to use Galaxy server to analyze the NGS data
• Deal with the raw Illumina data with quality evaluation and filtering
• Map reads to the reference genomes, call SNPs and predict their phenotype consequence
• Alignment to a reference, de-novo assembly, SNP and structural variant-calling of next generation DNA and RNA data
• Use some bioinformatics software and tools to aid with the analysis of NGS data
• Understanding Gene expression and Differential gene expression
• Visualize your data in genome browsers and make conclusions
• Participants will receive workshop training certificate.
Databases and Tools & Software’s used
NCBI: PubMED, MeSH, Gene Database, GeneMark, GenScan, BLAST, Galaxy, BWA, Freebayes, wAnnovar, RNA-Star, HTseq2, DESEQ, Deep Tool and many more
Eligibility: Working professional,Scientists /Research fellows (National Laboratories, Universities & other R&D institutions) and Graduate / Post graduate students in Engineering / Biological / Chemical sciences/ Medical discipline.
Batch and Deadline for Registrations and Fee
Type Dates Student Researcher/ NRI/
Early-bird: Till 18th February 2019 INR 3000/- INR 3500/- INR 4000/-
Standard: 19st Feb 2019 to 2nd March 2019 INR 3500/- INR 4000/- INR 4500/-
On the Spot: 3rd to 7th March 2019 INR 4000/- INR 4500/- INR 5000/-
*Includes lunch , & snacks.
**Id proof required at the time of registration.
***Fees are non transferrable & non refundable in any case.
CSO, RASA Life Science Informatics.
Application Scientist, RASA Life Science Informatics.
Venue: RASA Life Science Informatics
4th floor.46/10 shakuntal,
Law college Road,Erandwane 411004
Phone No. 7875793891/ 7038770985/7798668315
ONLINE PAYMENT DETAIL-
Bank Name & Branch: IDBI, F.C. Road, Pune.
A/C Name: RASA LIFE SCIENCE INFORMATICS
A/C Number: 007102000025762
IFSC Code: IBKL0000007