ArtProv Gallery will open “Head Space,” a new group show that dives deep into the human psyche, on June 6, 2018, with an opening reception on Friday, June 8 from 5-9 p.m. A closing reception will be held on Thursday, July 19 from 5-9 p.m. The show runs through July 21.
Eight artists utilizing a variety of mediums to portray the human condition will be exhibiting at “Head Space:”
• Wendy Brusick: A storyteller, Wendy’s curious and highly personal characters are often misunderstood or underestimated, but to those who observe carefully, have stories to tell.
• Judy Volkmann: Judy’s art has focused mainly on the human figure and expressionism for over 20 years. Her figures are often in stage of being reflective, engaged, celebratory, or confrontational.
• V.F. Wolf: V.F. Wolf creates mixed media, semi-abstract grotesque mask-like faces to analyze the shadow present in every society.
• Ted DiLucia: Ted’s stripped-down paintings are driven by what is haunting and creepy, mysterious and gothic.
• Sean James Harrington: The ambiguous biological forms in Sean’s sculptures explore the conflicts between spirit and reason.
• Vincent Castaldi: For Vincent, much of his work is based in the figurative intended toward creating impressions of portraits, capturing the essence, look and beauty of the subject.
• Serena Lafond. Serena aims to explore the human condition, deconstructing and reconstructing the figure.
“These works are all compelling images that will engage viewers and hopefully spark a conversation about the undercurrent of emotions beneath the subjects’ expressions,” said Michele Aucoin, gallery co-owner.
For more information, visit www.ArtProvGallery.com, call 401-641-5182 or email aW5mbyB8IGFydHByb3ZpZGVuY2UgISBjb20=. Regular gallery hours are Tuesday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Saturday, noon - 4. Check the website for weekly hours and events.
You may also like the following events from Eventbrite:
Also check out other Arts Events in Providence
, Fine Arts Events in Providence
Liked this event? Spread the word :