Know Pain Course
The cutting-edge, patient-centered approach using a variety of practical learning methods to help your patients make sense and overcome their pain.
- To understand the relationship between pain, perception and behavior change
- An evidence-based understanding of what people in pain want from healthcare professionals
- To appreciate the gap between the complexity of the nervous system and hunt for the "off switch"
- To understand the need for Socratic questioning and guided discovery
- To apply these when explaining a) the role of the nervous system b) central sensitisation and c) long term potentiation with your patients
- To explore the role of metaphors within pain reconceptualisation
- To understand the role of fear avoidance in pain rehabilitation and to apply cognitive-behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy and mindfulness techniques
- To optimise patient education by understanding and applying educational theories to clinical practice
To help people make sense of their pain, we must first learn to teach.
Liked this event? Spread the word :