Port Elizabeth Legacy 100 Run
The Legacy 100 run series celebrates the life of Nelson Mandela in a national series of 8 10km running events across South Africa. Endorsed by ASA, this annual series will lead up to a National 10km Championships. The events are open to runners and walkers and will offer corporate hospitality options as well as apparel for the first 2,000 runners entered per event.
Event Date: 17 July 2019
Province: Eastern Cape
Online Entry Start Date: 1 May 2019
Online Entry End Date: 10 July 2019
Contact: The Brand Factory
Contact Number: 071 045 2034
Contact Email: aW5mbyB8IGxlZ2FjeTEwMCAhIHJ1bg==
Distance & Entry Fee
Pre Entries (Closing 12 June 2019):
10km - R 260-00
Venue: Nelson Mandela Bay University
Co-ordinates: 34° 00’ 33” S 25° 40’ 43” E
Entries On The Day:
At the venue from 15:30
Collection Of Pre-Entries:
To be confirmed
To all finishers
Event T-shirts Available:
Free to 1st 2000 entries
For sale @ R 180-00 per shirt (sizes may be limited)
• Tog Bag area available
• Toilet Facilities available at start / finish and on route
• Medical personnel available throughout the race
• Sufficient and secure parking
• No Refunds
1. Refreshment tables with coke & water every 3km
2. Distance markers every 1km
3. No seconding allowed.
4. No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
5. No 2,3 or 4 wheel carts / prams which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission has been granted from the race organizer. All such participants MUST start at the back of the field.
6. No animals / pets are allowed to participate
7. All instructions from traffic and race officials must be obeyed at all times.
8. No earphones, ipods and the like allowed and contravention of IAAF rule 144.2b, may lead to disqualification.
9. Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
Rules & Regulations:
1. The event is held under the rules of ASA and the relevant provincial Road Running Commission.
2. All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes must be medically fit to participate and supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
3. Licensed athletes must wear club colours and both their 2019 provincial license number on the back and front of the upper body of their garment / vest and the issued race number in front, on the top of the provincial license without concealing sponsor's name. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2019 license numbers must purchase a temporary license number on the day or face disqualification.
4. Temporary licensed athletes to wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their running vest.
5.Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
6. International Athletes must provide a clearance letter from their country of origin to the organizers and chief referee prior to the start. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
7. Proof of age for prize winners is required and must be presented to the referee before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until the necessary details are confirmed.
8. Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry / number are eligible for prizes.
9. Athletes may not run with another athlete's race number unless by prior arrangement with the race organizer.
10. The race organizer retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorder, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
11. Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a provincial disciplinary hearing.
12. Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prize-giving in writing to the chief referee, accompanied by R500.00 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
• Foreign athletes are not allowed to run with a ASA Provincial license and are required to purchase a temporary license or face disqualification. (Refer to IAAF rule 4)
• Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in club colours unless such club exist in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalised RSA (Refer to IAAF rule 4.)
The Brand Factory
071 045 2034
All Participants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
You may also like the following events from Legacy100.run: