Come learn about our local built enviroment through painting!
Re-Imaginging Pittsburgh is a painting workshop series led by local artist Ryan Ian McCormick. Join us as he teaches adult students to repurpose found objects such as receipts, maps, bus passes, etc. as well as acrylic paint to create collages of historical Pittsburgh scenes. Beginners welcome and no drawing skills required! Cost of the workshop includes all supplies, canvases, brushes, and light snacks. If you are 21, you are welcome to bring your own alcoholic beverage. You are also welcome to bring your own snack. It could be a great date night or friends night out, painting and hearing about the history of our city.
Subject matters include:
- The first home of the National Negro Opera Company in Homewood (April 8)
- August Wilsonʼs childhood home in the Hill District (May 13)
- The legendary jazz club, The Crawford Grill, also in the Hill District (June 10).
- The Wilkinsburg Train Station (July 8)
- The Watertower in Garfield (August 12)
- Carrie Furnace (September 9)
You may also like the following events from Assemble
Also check out other Arts Events in Pittsburgh
, Fine Arts Events in Pittsburgh
, Workshops in Pittsburgh