One Cut of the Dead - Runaway Zombie Hit at JFFPgh
See the runaway hit One Cut Of The Dead, a horror comedy about a film crew making a cheap zombie flick that gets unexpectedly attacked by real zombies, at the Pittsburgh Japanese Film Fest 2019 at Row House Cinema!
Tickets coming soon!
One Cut Of The Dead is a low budget horror movie, made as a film workshop project with nonprofessional actors, about the hilarious and disastrous making of a low budget horror movie. While filming in a supposedly abandoned warehouse, a film crew comes to learn that they are not alone, and have to fend off the undead hordes all while trying to make sure they get their movie made. One Cut Of The Dead was a satirical smash hit in Japan and a critical success, sitting at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. (2017)
The 2019 Pittsburgh Japanese Film Festival is 3/29-4/11 at Row House Cinema featuring a stellar array of new and classic, live action and animated films as well as events. The 2019 festival is presented in partnership with Tekko. Films this year include:
- Mirai (2019 Oscar Nominee for Best Animated Feature)
- Shoplifters (2019 Oscar Nominee for Foreign Language Film)
- Never-Ending Man: Hayao Miyazaki
- Tokyo Story
- Modest Heroes
- Lady Snowblood
- Okko's Inn (Pittsburgh Premiere)
- Battle Royale
- One Cut of the Dead
- Day of the Western Sunrise
- The Night Is Short, Walk On Girl
- And more!
You may also like the following events from Row House Cinema:
- This Friday, 19th April, 11:45 am, The Cult of John Carpenter in Pittsburgh
- This Friday, 19th April, 02:15 pm, Escape from New York (New Restoration, Pittsburgh Premiere) in Pittsburgh
- This Friday, 19th April, 04:30 pm, They Live in Pittsburgh