Matthew West & Zach Williams - AZ State Fair
Tickets go on-sale on July 12th 10 AM MST.
ABOUT MATTHEW WEST:
Matthew West is a four-time GRAMMY® nominee, a multiple-ASCAP Christian Music Songwriter/Artist of the Year winner and Dove Award recipient and was awarded an American Music Award (2013), a Billboard Music Award (Top Christian Artist, 2014), a K-LOVE Fan Award (2016), and named Billboard’s Hot Christian Songwriter of the Year (2016). A recent recipient of the Rich Mullins Impact Award, West also received a Primetime Emmy® Award nomination for Original Music & Lyrics for “The Heart of Christmas” from the film of the same name. In addition to his own recording career, he has co-hosted the K-LOVE Fan Awards three times and has more than 130 songwriting credits to his name, including cuts by Rascal Flatts, Scotty McCreery, Michael W. Smith, Amy Grant, and Mandisa, among others, and number one cuts by Casting Crowns and Danny Gokey. Selling more than 1.6 million albums to date (TEA), West’s discography includes acclaimed releases: All In (2017), Live Forever (2015), GRAMMY® nominated Into The Light (2012), The Story of Your Life (2010), Something to Say (2008), History (2005) and Happy (2003).
Well known for communicating stories through song, West has received thousands of stories from around the world. His studio album, Live Forever (2015), continued that storytelling theme and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard Christian Sales Chart. He has obtained numerous No. 1 singles, most recently with "Broken Things," while achieving a record-setting No. 1 for 17 straight weeks at radio with “Hello, My Name Is” and “The Motions” for 15 weeks.
Adding author to his list of accolades, West has written five books to date: Give This Christmas Away, The Story Of Your Life, Forgiveness, Today Is Day One and his newest release, Hello My Name Is. He is also passionate about providing hope and healing through the power of prayer and story, so along with his father Pastor Joe West he founded popwe, a non-profit ministry helping others to craft, share, and live a more meaningful life. Please visit popwe.org for more information.
Husband, father, singer, songwriter, worship leader, and GRAMMY Award winning (Best Contemporary Christian Album, Chain Breaker) and GMA Dove Awards winner (New Artist of the Year) recording artist Zach Williams has made music history with two consecutive #1 hits at radio totaling 35 weeks. His music comes from a place of humility and honesty as his songs are a direct reflection of God’s redemption in his life.
- Second single “Old Church Choir” held No. 1 on the Billboard Christian Airplay Radio Chart for 20 weeks, making it the most successful song at radio in more than 10 years
- Debut single “Chain Breaker” held at No. 1 on the Billboard Christian Airplay Radio chart for 15 consecutive weeks, setting the record for longest running #1 for a debut single from a debut artist
- Zach Williams is the first artist to begin a career with back-to-back #1 singles
-“Fear Is A Liar” Official Music Video at over 1M views in the first month
-“Old Church Choir” Official Music Video at over 14M views
-“Chain Breaker” Official Music Video at over 6.5M views
-“Chain Breaker” Lyric Video at over 19M views
-Rock and Worship Roadshow 2018
-Headline tour spring 2018
-Past tours include: Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, Rend Collective, Big Daddy Weave, and more
- Chain Breaker won a GRAMMY® Award for Best Contemporary Christian Album (2018)
- “Chain Breaker” nominated for a GRAMMY® Award for Best Contemporary Christian Music Performance/Song (2018)
- Won two 2017 GMA Dove Awards for “New Artist of the Year” and “Pop/Contemporary “Pop/Contemporary Song of the Year”
- Named Billboard’s 2017 Top Christian Male Vocalist and New Artist of the year
- “Chain Breaker” won K-LOVE Fan Awards ”Breakout Single of
the Year (2017)
-“Chain Breaker” single certified gold
-“Chain Breaker” was No. 25 and “Old Church Choir” was No. 19 on Billboard’s Hot Rock Songs year-end chart for 2017, both reached top 10 on weekly chart for multiple weeks
-Chain Breaker album sales with streaming over 167K units
-“Old Church Choir” reached No. 7 on Billboard’s Hot Rock Songs Chart
-Apple Music chose Zach Williams as New Artist of the Week (December 2016)
You may also like the following events from Arizona State Fair: