What to teach? When to screen? How to cater for the range in ability?About this Event
This half day literacy and learning workshop aims to explore how PLD’s short targeted explicit instruction sessions, within an ‘Early Childhood’ framework, will help you effectively group your students into ability groups and enable targeted teaching for the remainder of the school year.
Designed by Diana Rigg, this half-day intensive workshop will cover:
- An overview (rather than detailed teaching) of semester one and two practices.
- Examples of how your class profiles should look on the PLD Tracking Sheets.
- What are the realistic expectations and end of year outcomes your students should be achieving in the EARLY YEARS.
- Why PLD advocates for three targeted teaching groups and how you set them up.
- Rather than direct lecturing, provision has been provided for a Q&A interaction about the specific needs of your classroom.
This half-day workshop is ideal for EARLY YEARS teachers who are investigating PLD as an evidence-based option or actively implementing the PLD process. It is recommended that those who are attending will have:
- Completed one form of PLD Professional Development (i.e. online course, seminar or in-school session within the last 3 years), however, this is not essential.
- Completed semester one teaching and screening. For details on the teaching refer to page 9 in our Whole School Literacy Strategy and details of the screening refer to the guidelines here.
- Trialed the PLD Tracking Sheets is recommended but not an essential requirement.
Attendees are encouraged to bring with them:
- If you have trialed the Tracking Sheets and wish to receive direct feedback on your testing you will be given the opportunity to share your class profile (with names covered to maintain confidentiality).
- Questions regarding your specific students and / or the implementation of PLD in your classroom.
You will receive a certificate towards your professional learning portfolio immediately after the event.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is nearby parking?
- Can I access public transport to get to PLD?
- I don’t have access to a credit card to buy a seminar ticket - can you send me an invoice?
- How do I transfer to a different seminar or date?
Have another question? Please to view the full range of FAQs. https://cdn-az.allevents.in/events9/banners/ac062530-fcdc-11ea-bf96-7776ed965a70-rimg-w720-h180-gmir.jpg